Granville, Ohio, United States
Sr Reliability EngineerJob ID 54280
The primary role of the Reliability Engineer (RE) is to apply engineering practices to drive out sources of repetitive failure in equipment and processes. The RE will identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations. The RE is involved in Early Management (EM) for design and installation stages of Capital projects for new assets and modification of existing assets. The RE conducts and develops various analytical methods for determining reliability of components, equipment and processes. The RE will be involved in the implementation of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Planned Maintenance (PM) Pillar programs.
This role acquires process and equipment data, provides analysis of the data to include preparation of charts, diagrams, drawings, calculations and reports which define reliability problems and makes recommendations for improvements. The level of reliability required for a particular asset will consider the criticality ranking, the economic limitations for equipment up/down time, repair/replacement costs, availability of materials/equipment, etc. The RE will be accountable for eliminating unplanned equipment downtime and reducing the total life cycle cost of the assets.
The RE is required to engage with individuals and teams throughout the organization quickly, to achieve breakthrough results. With 42+ sites throughout the world travel is required and could be up to 50% of the time depending on the needs.
Reports to: Global Insulation Maintenance and Reliability Leader – Insulation Operations COE
Span of Control: Global Insulation Manufacturing – Fiberglass, Foamglas®, Polystyrene Foam and Mineral Wool
Lives the Owens Corning Safety Stand – Living Safely
- Implement a personal safety action plan
- Ensure a safe work environment through employee coaching and engagement, and strict adherence to OC safety policies and procedures.
Drives the elimination of unplanned equipment downtime
- Gathers and examines basic reliability data from data bases, field tests, CMMS systems and other data sources, and correlates the data using well defined engineering techniques and procedures.
- Assist/Learn and eventually facilitate Root Cause analysis/Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Determine “Bad Actors” and Prioritize findings to focus on the largest or most critical opportunities.
- Confer with Subject Matter Experts (SME), Maintenance Leaders, and other Reliability Engineers to develop a plan in partnership with Operations and Maintenance, to effectively and economically improve equipment and process designs.
Improves asset total life cycle cost across the enterprise.
- Partners with Capital Delivery to ensure the EM focus on reliability and maintainability of new and modified equipment installations.
- Teaching and training of PM Pillar and reliability concepts/tools/methodologies
- Defines, develops, monitors and refines asset maintenance strategies.
- Partners with plant PM Pillar/maintenance teams to define, develop and refine the Preventative/Predictive Maintenance program
- Application of Storeroom/MRO best practices
Leads and develops talent
- Provides reliability based and precision maintenance training
- Provides feedback on expectations and performance for PdM team members
- In partnership with Maintenance Leader, leads and builds an effective work team to increase plant performance and drive continuous improvement.
- Defines and deploys appropriate reliability knowledge and capabilities for plant Maintenance teams members: Supervisors, Engineers and craftspeople
- Leads/Manages external resources on projects and programs
- Bachelor of Science Engineering degree
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Reliability Engineer or maintenance professional
- Industrial manufacturing
- Condition Based Monitoring technologies like Vibration monitoring, Thermography, Infrared, Ultra Sound, Motor Circuit Analysis, Tribology, etc. Training in these technologies is highly desirable
- TPM Experience/Application
- Exposure in a union environment
- Project Management
- Change Management and Management of Change
- Exposure and training in Reliability practices and processes, including the following, are desirable:
Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA)
Equipment Criticality Ranking (ECR)
Failure Modes, effects and criticality analysis (FMECA)
Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
Hazard and Operability Analysis (HAZOP)
Pareto Analysis, Etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Efficient and effective ability to gather and analyze data to drive decisions and find value
- Ability to effectively communicate with and engage employees at all levels of the organization
- Background or exposure to Preventative Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities or projects at one time
- Ability to influence without authority
- Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP)
- Achieve CMRP Certification (Society for Maintenance & Reliability Professionals) within 24 months
- Achieve CRE (American Society for Quality) within 3 years of eligibility
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.