Feura Bush, New York, United States
TPM LeaderJob ID 59633
The TPM Leader will drive the successful deployment of the Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) strategy in the Delmar, NY Insulation Plant. The role is accountable for deploying appropriate TPM methodology and developing improvement programs in the facility, while monitoring and reporting progress. The leader will work closely with plant and functional leaders to drive loss elimination across TPM pillars.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
Reports to: This position reports directly to the Delmar Plant Leader and has functional reporting to the Division TPM Leader Network.
Lead for Safety Excellence
- Maintain focus on safety in all TPM efforts
- Use TPM methodologies to continue march to zero incidents
- Adhere to and continuously improve all safety policies, procedures, and standards
Lead the Plant TPM Efforts – 20%
- Build support and shared accountability for successful deployment of TPM
- Implement process to assure effective best practice sharing and accelerate mutual progress
- Serve as mentor/coach to develop excellence in use of TPM methodologies and change leadership
- Lead, coach, and solicit input from team members to drive successful execution of global, regional and plant goals
- Facilitate / coordinate training, as needed
Deploy the TPM Strategy – 40%
- Facilitate major plant Initiatives and drive a Zero Injury, Zero Defect, Zero Loss Culture
- Proactively share information that advances organizational goals
- Support and drive root cause analysis, and measure the effectiveness of corrective action(s)
- Lead the rapid improvements in Safety, Quality and Performance by using relevant tools and techniques
Drive Manufacturing Productivity – 40%
- Develop strategies and tactics to improve business results through development and execution of TPM efforts across the Insulation Operations network
- Monitor, audit and assess progress against the Insulation Operations strategy
- Develop and communicate clear and measurable performance expectations; participate in performance reviews
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Engineering or related field
- Experience in TPM (JIPM) deployment and leadership
- 3+ years progressive technical experience in a manufacturing environment,
- Insulation manufacturing experience a plus
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt and/or Lean Manufacturing experience
- TPM (JIPM) certification desirable
- Functional leadership across a multi-site network
- Influence leadership in a complex environment
- Major programs deployment
- Organizational change leadership
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and lead multi-functional teams to achieve business objectives
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to influence behaviors, negotiate and resolve challenges
- Ability to develop clear and measurable tactics aligned with the business realities
- Knowledge of organizational development & change management practices
- The ability to analyze, hypothesize, plan, communicate and implement in a highly collaborative environment
- A proven ability to operate effectively in a rapidly changing environment where analytical skills, technical depth, collaboration and leadership agility are equally important; a strategic thinker who is operationally focused and capable in managing diverse agendas and personalities
- A sought-after advisor, mentor, thinker – within and beyond the TPM arena
- Self-aware, self-motivated and self-confident individual who is comfortable and capable in operating with varying levels of direction who thrives in a dynamic environment as a leader influencing change and growth
- An overt simplifier who can effectively and appropriately distill and reduce complex situations, goals, tasks and opportunities to a workable set of fundamentals so that all team members can understand, align and take action
- Maintains poise under pressure and readily demonstrates an optimistic nature
- A highly capable problem solver who is consistently invited to solve complex, cross-functional and meaningful challenges in a value-added way
- Long-term thinker and proactive leader – capable of understanding and translating the big picture to actionable plans and activities
- Data-driven realist focused on doing the right thing for the company optimally capable of balancing need, risk and impact with urgency
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE OC DELMAR FACILITY
- The Owens Corning Delmar Insulation Plant is a flagship plant within the OC Network that has been in operation for 45 years producing Fiberglas Insulation.
- The plant operates two production lines 24/7 and employs ~250 individuals.
- Since 2020, Owens Corning has invested $60MM+ into the Delmar facility specifically to bring in more automated equipment and advanced technologies.
- The plant has $300MM worth of equipment assets and is the highest volume producer of residential insulation within OC producing more than 360MM lbs annually.
- Delmar utilizes the Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) operating model. Since 2018, the plant has been on a TPM journey with goals to achieve JIPM Level 1 in the coming years.
- This plant is a strong exporter of talent to higher roles within OC and within the plant team.
The base salary range for this position is $114,000 to $148,000 with the potential for up to an additional 25% if the applicant hired has additional related qualifications. We also offer a substantial benefits package including insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability/supplemental offerings), 401k (company contribution regardless of employee participation – plus match), liberal paid time off (vacation, personal floating and standard holidays), Employee Assistance Services, Stock Purchase Program – and more.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and construction materials leader committed to building a sustainable future through material innovation. Our three integrated businesses – Composites, Insulation, and Roofing – provide durable, sustainable, energy-efficient solutions that leverage our unique material science, manufacturing, and market knowledge to help our customers win and grow. We are global in scope, human in scale with approximately 20,000 employees in 33 countries dedicated to generating value for our customers and shareholders, and making a difference in the communities where we work and live. Founded in 1938 and based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, Owens Corning posted 2021 sales of $8.5 billion. For more information, visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.