Feura Bush, New York, United States
Warehouse level BJob ID 53714
Warehouse Specialist B
Job Title: Warehouse Specialist B (WSB)
Reports to: Warehouse Leader
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Warehouse Specialist B is an hourly position, and reports to the Warehouse Leader. The Warehouse Specialist B is the operations expert for the warehouse and shipping processes, except for complete Center Office responsibilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transports finished goods by clamp truck throughout warehouse.
- Ensures quality of product by visual inspection.
- Establishes shipping efficiencies.
- Unloads and loads finished goods using clamp truck and places on trailers.
- Interacts with vendors.
- Utilizes Warehouse Management Computer System and verifies product location and inventory assistance.
- Utilizes Warehouse Management Computer System functions to load, unload, and surge materials.
- Unloads direct material and stages them when the storeroom is unavailable.
- Uses fork lift and other related material handling machinery.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in team environment
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have to ability to do basic mathematical calculations
- Must be able to secure and maintain fork lift drivers license
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Operate a computer or other keyboard instrument
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Related experience and/or training in an industrial environment
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be drug and alcohol free
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position requires:
- Regular attendance on site and the ability to work varying or rotating shifts
- Exposure to hot/cold temperature- continuously
- Exposure to noise- continuously
- Lifting/carrying/moving up to 50 pounds
- Standing- occasionally
- Hand/Eye Coordination– continuously
- Walking – occasionally
- Twisting- continuously
- Wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)- continuously
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
If you have any questions, please text (518) 240-9731.