Tessenderlo, Limburg, Belgium
Technical Support SpecialistJob ID 55313
FOAMGLAS® is part of Owens Corning, a global player in insulation, roofing, waterproofing and fiberglass composite materials.
Owens Corning develops, manufactures and markets innovative, sustainable solutions that save energy and increase comfort and safety.
FOAMGLAS® are applications for residential, public and commercial buildings and for industrial installations. In this way our employees and products make this world a better place
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Responds to inquiries for technical data related to FOAMGLAS® properties and performance characteristics.
- Understands studies feasibility and giving advices completes detailed design engineering for non-standard fabricated ware and systems in response to customer’s requests
- Giving advices for completes material take-offs from customer /piping contractor on extra-ordinary objects, isometrics and/or equipment drawings and giving advices prepares bill-of-material for price quotations.
- Advices on the most adequate technical solutions for non-standard installations
- Calculates material thicknesses and determines insulation system build-up for site-specific design conditions, fire-proof requirements, etc…
- Supports development of new application methods and insulation systems and conducts testing. Visits customer job sites as necessary.
- Develops / maintains and publishes updates to the technical handbook and technical documentation.
- Tests competitive product performances in application, and publishes results. Evaluates the “installed cost” and trains and supports contractors on correct evaluation / estimation.
- Conducts, in close cooperation with Training Centre, application training for field sales, distributors, contractors and customers as requested.
- Hosts customers and presents technical analysis during factory visits.
- Conducts Technical Trainings both internally and externally.
- Visits customers on a regular basis together with the sales team.
- Executes energy analysis on site and generates detailed reporting.
- Customer focus: listens well and is highly responsive to internal and external customers.
- Team builder: creates team atmosphere focused on customer needs. Works collaboratively in team leadership / member roles. Communicates in a direct manner. Offers constructive feedback.
- Result driven mindset: holds himself and others accountable to execute at a high level to meet commitments. Displays a bias for action.
- Makes sound decisions: excellent analytical skills, uses good judgment, makes decisions quickly, minimizes unforeseen consequences.
- Drives changes: willing to champion an idea, takes calculated risks, actively looks for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Experience: must have a first experience, preferably in the industrial insulation, Mechanical & Piping construction or Petro-chemical Industry.
- Education: master degree in mechanical engineering or chemistry.
- Languages: must be able to lead technical discussions in English, Dutch & French. German language would be a plus.
- Travel: must be able to travel 25% of the time, primarily in Europe. Minimum required time in the HQ – Tessenderlo 50%
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 65 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.