Fresno, Texas, United States
Applications Training TechnicianJob ID 54521
The primary purpose of an Application Training Specialist is to support the applications training programs for Industrial FOAMGLAS® and other Technical Insulation business. Over the last couple of years, our application training programs have become well known in the industry and requests for onsite and offsite training have grown significantly.
Scope: Global, Industrial FOAMGLAS® with Americas focus
Span of Control: Individual Contributor
Location: Houston, TX
Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
Demonstrate compliance with a personal safety action plan
Specific Position Accountabilities
- Assist Senior Product Specialist with onsite and offsite application trainings, demonstrations, maintenance and repair training.
- Assist with practical evaluation of new products and systems initiatives.
- Assess training material needs and acquire components for training sessions.
- Prepare classroom materials for training sessions.
- Organize tools, restock materials and accessories before and after trainings.
- Maintain clean and safe workspace / training floor.
- Stock supplies required for trainings including PPE, cleaning supplies, samples and refreshments.
- Associate degree in engineering technology or a related field or at least 5 years of experience in insulation application, fabrication or manufacturing.
- Must be able to travel locally, regional domestic approximately 20-50%. Must also be willing and able to travel to Latin America periodically
- Bilingual - English / Spanish-highly preferred
- Experience with installation of mechanical insulation systems
- Experience with hand tools and power equipment for cutting and or fabricating
- Experience working independently with minimal oversight
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of materials, material types, and uses.
- Excellent oral communications skills and the ability to present to large and diverse audiences.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Basic knowledge of measurements and geometry required.
- Proficient MS Office
- Innovative spirit
- Conducts themselves with the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Excels in a clean, organized workspace.
- Basic CAD experience or Knowledge
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.