Fresno, Texas, United States
Ball Mill Operator 1Job ID 53993
Position: Ball Mill Operator
Department: Production, Furnace
Location: Fresno, TX
Reports To: Shift Supervisor, Plant/Operations Manager
Owens Corning is a world leader in the production of insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Owens Corning is a global company with more than 20,000 employees in 33 countries.Our commitment to market-leading products and innovations has kept our Company on the Fortune 500® list for 65 consecutive years.
To operate weighing equipment and ball mills to properly prepare batch for cellulating
- The employee is required to monitor bin levels, ingredient weighing systems, elevators, screw conveyors, and ball mills to maintain sufficient amounts of batch to sustain production requirements. Climbs onto scrap box for emptying scrap silo.
- Starts and stops mills as required by schedule.
- Obtains and adds grinding media to ball mills as required.
- Works with department personnel in clearing furnace and lehr jam-ups, material handling, and charging equipment.
- Assist department personnel with pan changes and ball mill oil change, as required.
- Makes minor repairs to equipment such as tightening or replacing loose bolts and nuts, broken or worn hoses, etc., and notifies a member of the Supervisory Staff of production and equipment failures
- Operates industrial forklift trucks as necessary to perform required task
- Maintains good housekeeping conditions in working area and observes safety regulations and practices.
The above statements reflect the general functions considered necessary to describe the primary responsibilities of the Ball Mill Operator function. The essential job function statements shall not be construed as the detailed description of all the work requirements inherent in the job classification.
The employee should hold the following abilities: •Operate a computer
- Able to read, write, and speak English, bi-lingual Spanish desired • Operate Outlook
- Able to understand verbal and written instructions • SAP Knowledge a plus
- Possess strong communication and organizational skills • Can multi-task
- Have accountability and ownership for actions • Have good attention to detail
- Work well in a team environment
- Be self-motivated to work independently and meet targets
- Pass a pre-employment assessment, and pass physical/drug/alcohol/background screening
The employee should have the following:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Minimum high school diploma or state approved GED equivalent
- Must be a US citizen or have the right to work in the US
- Must be tobacco, drug and alcohol free
- Must be able to learn the responsibilities of the position
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- Able to interact cooperatively with hourly and salary employees at all levels of the organization
- All annual safety and role specific training, as required by the nature of this position
Owens Corning offers an excellent benefits package including Vacation, Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401k, and VIP (Variable Incentive Plan.)