Fresno, Texas, United States
Grill Brick Laborer 1Job ID 53992
Position: Grill Clean Laborer
Department:Production, Grill Clean
Location: Fresno, TX
Reports to: Shift Supervisor, Plant/Operations Manager
Owens Corning is a world leader in the production of insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Owens Corning is a global company with more than 20,000 employees in 33 countries.Our commitment to market-leading products and innovations has kept our Company on the Fortune 500® list for 65 consecutive years.
The operator is responsible for maintaining a continuous flow of material (grill cleaner blanks) to the grill cleaner department. Hourly position, we are a 24/7 manufacturing operation, applicant must be able to work shift work, nights.
- Tend conveyors to ensure that the continuous flow of material is maintained.
- Provide general labor clean up.
- Maintain good housekeeping conditions in work area and observe safety regulations and practices.
- Work with other department personnel to clear jams that occur on the transfer conveyors.
- Report equipment problems to Supervisor Staff.
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English, bi-lingual Spanish desired
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have accountability and ownership for actions
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be self-motivated to work independently and meet targets
- Must have to ability to do basic mathematical calculations
- Pass a pre-employment assessment, and pass physical/drug/alcohol/background screening
The employee must be able to:
- Operate a computer
- Operate Outlook
The employee should have the following:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Minimum high school diploma or state approved GED equivalent
- Must be a US citizen or have the right to work in the US
- Must be tobacco, drug and alcohol free
- Must be able to learn the responsibilities of the position
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- Able to interact cooperatively with hourly and salary employees at all levels of the organization
- All annual safety and role specific training, as required by the nature of this position
- Non-Rotating 12-hour shifts
- Stand for extended prolonged periods during 12-hour shift
- Work overtime as needed
- Meet physical demands of the work environment
Owens Corning offers an excellent benefits package including Vacation, Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401k, and VIP (Variable Incentive Plan.)