Fresno, Texas, United States
Grill Brick Laborer 1Job ID 53992
Position: Grill Clean Laborer
Department:Production, Grill Clean
Location: Fresno, TX
Reports to: Shift Supervisor, Plant/Operations Manager
The operator is responsible for maintaining a continuous flow of material (grill cleaner blanks) to the grill cleaner department. Hourly position, we are a 24/7 manufacturing operation, applicant must be able to work shift work, nights.
- Tend conveyors to ensure that the continuous flow of material is maintained.
- Provide general labor clean up.
- Maintain good housekeeping conditions in work area and observe safety regulations and practices.
- Work with other department personnel to clear jams that occur on the transfer conveyors.
- Report equipment problems to Supervisor Staff.
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English, bi-lingual Spanish desired
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have accountability and ownership for actions
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be self-motivated to work independently and meet targets
- Must have to ability to do basic mathematical calculations
The employee must be able to:
- Operate a computer
- Operate Outlook
The employee should have the following:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Minimum high school diploma or state approved GED equivalent
- Must be a US citizen or have the right to work in the US
- Must be tobacco, drug and alcohol free
- Must be able to learn the responsibilities of the position
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- Able to interact cooperatively with hourly and salary employees at all levels of the organization
- All annual safety and role specific training, as required by the nature of this position
- Non-Rotating 12-hour shifts
- Stand for extended prolonged periods during 12-hour shift
- Work overtime as needed
- Meet physical demands of the work environment
It is a requirement to be a U.S. citizen OR have valid proof of authorization to work in the United States
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently.Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others.The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.