Fresno, Texas, United States
Industrial Maintenance ElectricianJob ID 54694
Interested in working for a Fortune 500® company? Looking for a company where you can grow in your maintenance career and work with people who truly care about making a difference? You have found it. Owens Corning is a world leader in the production of insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Owens Corning is a global company with more than 20,000 employees in 33 countries. Our commitment to market-leading products and innovations has kept our Company on the Fortune 500® list for 65 consecutive years. We have skilled maintenance craft openings at our Fresno, TX (Houston metro area) location.
What we offer:
Choice of 3 healthcare benefit plans
Wellness programs and incentive credits/$
Company paid life insurance and AD&D insurance
Company paid disability insurance
401k with company contribution an excellent company match
Employee stock purchase plan
Variable incentive plan (quarterly bonus)
Paid vacation after 6 months
Employee & dependent scholarships
Employee Assistance Program
Inquire about signing bonus for maintenance trades
What we are looking for:
A Maintenance Electrician to maintain responsibilty for installation and maintenance of electrical services and equipment such as (1) power lines, lighting fixtures, electrical motors, ventilating equipment, power distribution panels, electrical measuring and recording equipment, etc. (2) electronic related devices such as, circuit boards, components, digital and computer related equipment, etc. Functions safely in the facility so the plant equipment and services perform at maximum levels and minimize unscheduled interruption of the plant operation. The electrician will work from written instructions, wiring diagrams, circuit diagrams, and verbal instructions. This role also provides maintenance electrical repairs to industrial machinery as needed to keep a continuous manufacturing process supported.
- The ability to work safely. Maintain safe work environment; communicate issues and take corrective actions when safety issues arise. Strong understanding of OSH or MSHA and NFPA 70E. safety guide-lines. Execute and maintain safety procedures to eliminate all accidents.
- Observing safety practices to include (but not limited to) arc-flash prevention, Lock, Tag, Try (LTT) safety initiatives, proper tool and equipment usage, proper work ethic, etc. Observing proper safety procedures and responsible for safety of others while working on installations, repairs, and maintenance of all systems.
- Ability to plan and perform work requiring knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and electronic theory and principles, wiring specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment as required.
- Assigning, distributing, monitoring, and inspecting the work of electricians and helpers; evaluates and advises performance to supervisor
- Ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, controls components – photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switch, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachs and encoders
- PLC programming, ability to troubleshoot ladder logic (read use for troubleshooting), components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules and devices) and communication modules (Ethernet)
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Ensuring operation of machinery and electrical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on drives, backup power systems, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and other electrical related systems; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications
- Making timely and appropriate decisions when an emergency or breakdown occurs so that production interruption is minimized
- For equipment or processes where maintenance costs are high, where reliability is low, or where chronic problems exist, performs additional analysis to identify appropriate maintenance practices (e.g., Root Cause Failure Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Reliability-centered maintenance analysis)
- Maintaining technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing professional and intercompany networks
- Advising Supervisor of equipment deficiencies and the need for repair or replacement.
- Performing other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor
- Running power lines to any production or service equipment outlet or panel, selecting and installing proper size and conductor according to tables and safety codes.
- Drilling holes through beams or partitions; measures, cuts, forms, and attaches conduit pipe and install wires through the conduit.
- Attaching power leads to terminals on motors, controls, panels, transformers, fuse boxes, instruments, etc., and crimp, tighten screw terminals, or solder connections as required
- Testing and checking circuit before applying power for safety and to avoid damage. Observe the operating conditions after applying power for any deficiencies and safety hazards
- Maintaining good housekeeping conditions in working area and observe safety regulations and practices
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English, bi-lingual Spanish a plus
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Knowledge of 4-20ma systems, MCC’s, transfer switching, back-up power systems, low voltage control systems, thermocouples, burner systems, HMI related systems a plus
- Must possess effective communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task,
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in a team environment and take direction
- Must be self-motivated to work independently and meet targets
- Must have to ability to do basic mathematical calculations
- Must be able to secure and maintain job related qualifications and certifications as required by the nature of this position
The employee must be able to:
- Operate a computer or other keyboard instruments
The employee should have the following:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Advanced Technical Certificate required
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience.
- Journeyman Electrician preferred
- PLC programming experience preferred
- AA degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance a plus
- SAP experience a plus
- Able to interact cooperatively with hourly and salary employees at all levels of the organization
- All annual safety and role specific training, as required by the nature of this position
For new hires in regular job openings, the first 90 days of employment at Owens Corning Fresno Foamglas® plant are considered to be an introductory period where your work performance will be observed and evaluated. Completion of the introductory period does not guarantee continued employment and does not alter the at-will relationship between you and the Company.
The Fresno Plant is a 100% tobacco-free site.
Candidate may be required to test for skills/knowledge. All candidates offered employment with Owens Corning must pass a hair drug test, a work reference check, a criminal background check, and a medical pre-placement assessment. A high school diploma or GED is required for all positions and must be verifiable.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 65 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.