Fresno, Texas, United States
Industrial Maintenance MechanicJob ID 54681
Interested in working for a Fortune 500® company? Looking for a company where you can grow in your maintenance career and work with people who truly care about making a difference? You have found it. Owens Corning is a world leader in the production of insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Owens Corning is a global company with more than 20,000 employees in 33 countries. Our commitment to market-leading products and innovations has kept our Company on the Fortune 500® list for 65 consecutive years. We have skilled maintenance craft openings at our Fresno, TX (Houston metro area) location.
What we offer:
Choice of 3 healthcare benefit plans
Wellness programs and incentive credits/$
Company paid life insurance and AD&D insurance
Company paid disability insurance
401k with company contribution an excellent company match
Employee stock purchase plan
Variable incentive plan (quarterly bonus)
Paid vacation after 6 months
Employee & dependent scholarships
Employee Assistance Program
Inquire about signing bonus for maintenance trades
What we are looking for:
A Maintenance Mechanic to perform highly diversified work including maintenance, troubleshooting, installation, welding, construction, remodeling, and repair work on plant equipment and facilities according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes. This work requres the use of hand and trade tools along with trade skills, such as maintenance mechanic, structural steel fabrication, sheet metal work, and welder. We need a worker with the ability to work from blueprints, sketches, and be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
Your Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review work assignments and diagnose problems, determines tools, equipment, and materials needed to perform assigned work.
- Perform a variety of complicated work in various trade fields, including working from complex blueprints, fabricating and assembly equipment for production.
- Diagnose trouble, disassemble, repair, and reassemble all types of production and service equipment including; elevators, conveyors, ball mills, weighing equipment, furnaces, lehrs, dust collectors, fabricating equipment, etc. Repair equipment consisting of replacing various shafts, bearings, gears, sprockets, belts, or other miscellaneous parts.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment and performs scheduled maintenance repairs.
- Perform various alignments and fits interrelated parts to close tolerances
- Perform mechanic skills including but not limited to, mechanical, welding, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic
- Fabricate replacement parts using shop tools such as drill press, saws, cutting torch, welders, etc.
- Observe machines operation and make adjustments to synchronize speeds, feeds, etc., on interrelated equipment.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Report need for preventative maintenance and/or equipment repair to the Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor.
- Maintain good housekeeping conditions in working area and observes safety regulations and practices.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the primary responsibilities of the Mechanical Maintenance function. The essential job function statements shall not be construed as the Mechanical Maintenance function.
Your Skills and Abilities
The employee needs the following abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English; bi-lingual Spanish a plus
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in a team environment and take direction
- Must be self-motivated to work independently and meet targets
- Must have to ability to do basic mathematical calculations
- Must be able to secure and maintain job related qualifications and certifications as required by the nature of this position
Your Computer and Software Competencies
The employee must be able to:
- Operate a computer or other keyboard instruments
Your Education and/or Experience
The employee should have the following:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- AA degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance a plus
- Completed a craft apprenticeship or an equivalent number of education and production maintenance experience
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC. Vacuum furnace experience is preferred.
Additional Required Training
- Able to interact cooperatively with hourly and salary employees at all levels of the organization
- All annual safety and role specific training, as required by the nature of this position
Candidate may be required to test for skills/knowledge. All candidates offered employment with Owens Corning must pass a hair drug test, a work reference check, a criminal background check, and a medical pre-placement assessment. A high school diploma or GED is required for all positions and must be verifiable.
For new hires in regular job openings, the first 90 days of employment at Owens Corning Fresno Foamglas® plant are considered to be an introductory period where your work performance will be observed and evaluated. Completion of the introductory period does not guarantee continued employment and does not alter the at-will relationship between you and the Company.
The Fresno Plant is a 100% tobacco-free site.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 65 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.