Fresno, Texas, United States
Maintenance Electrician 1Job ID 53873
Position: Maintenance Electrician
Location: Fresno, TX
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Owens Corning is a world leader in the production of insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Owens Corning is a global company with more than 20,000 employees in 33 countries.Our commitment to market-leading products and innovations has kept our Company on the Fortune 500® list for 65 consecutive years.
The purpose of the Maintenance Electrician entails providing maintenance electrical support. Will be responsible for installs and maintains electrical services and equipment such as (1) power lines, lighting fixtures, electrical motors, ventilating equipment, power distribution panels, electrical measuring and recording equipment, etc. (2) electronic related devices such as, circuit boards, components, digital and computer related equipment, etc. Functions safely in the facility so the plant equipment and services perform at maximum levels and minimize unscheduled interruption of the plant operation.Working from written instructions, wiring diagrams, circuit diagrams, and verbal instructions. This role also provides maintenance electrical repairs to industrial machinery as needed to keep a continuous manufacturing process supported.
- Ability to work safely. Maintain safe work environment; communicate issues and take corrective actions when safety issues arise. Strong understanding of OSH or MSHA and NFPA 70E. safety guide-lines. Execute and maintain safety procedures to eliminate all accidents.
- Observes safety practices to include (but not limited to) arc-flash prevention, Lock, Tag, Try (LTT) safety initiatives, proper tool and equipment usage, proper work ethic, etc. Observe proper safety procedures and responsible for safety of others while working on installations, repairs, and maintenance of all systems.
- Ability to plan and perform work requiring knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and electronic theory and principles, wiring specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment as required.
- Assigns, distributes monitors and inspects the work of electricians and helpers; evaluates and advises performance to supervisor
- Ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, controls components – photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switch, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachs and encoders
- PLC programs, ability to troubleshoot ladder logic (read use for troubleshooting), components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules and devices) and communication modules (Ethernet)
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Ensures operation of machinery and electrical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on drives, backup power systems, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and other electrical related systems; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications
- Makes timely and appropriate decisions when an emergency or breakdown occurs so that production interruption is minimized
- For equipment or processes where maintenance costs are high, where reliability is low, or where chronic problems exist, performs additional analysis to identify appropriate maintenance practices (e.g., Root Cause Failure Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Reliability-centered maintenance analysis)
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing professional and intercompany networks
- Advise Supervisor of equipment deficiencies and the need for repair or replacement.
- Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor
- Run power lines to any production or service equipment outlet or panel, selecting and installing proper size and conductor according to tables and safety codes.
- Drill holes through beams or partitions; measures, cuts, forms, and attaches conduit pipe and install wires through the conduit.
- Attach power leads to terminals on motors, controls, panels, transformers, fuse boxes, instruments, etc., and crimp, tighten screw terminals, or solder connections as required
- Test and check circuit before applying power for safety and to avoid damage. Observe the operating conditions after applying power for any deficiencies and safety hazards
- Maintain good housekeeping conditions in working area and observe safety regulations and practices
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English, bi-lingual Spanish a plus
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Knowledge of 4-20ma systems, MCC’s, transfer switching, back-up power systems, low voltage control systems, thermocouples, burner systems, HMI related systems a plus
- Must possess effective communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task,
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in a team environment and take direction
- Must be self-motivated to work independently and meet targets
- Must have to ability to do basic mathematical calculations
- Must be able to secure and maintain job related qualifications and certifications as required by the nature of this position
- Pass a pre-employment assessment, and pass physical/drug/alcohol/background screening
The employee must be able to:
- Operate a computer or other keyboard instruments
The employee should have the following:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Advanced Technical Certificate required
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience.
- Journeyman Electrician preferred
- PLC programming experience preferred
- AA degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance a plus
- SAP experience a plus
- Able to interact cooperatively with hourly and salary employees at all levels of the organization
- All annual safety and role specific training, as required by the nature of this position
Owens Corning offers an excellent benefits package including Vacation, Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401k, and VIP (Variable Incentive Plan.)