Fresno, Texas, United States
Maintenance ManagerJob ID 53834
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Maintenance Manager is directly responsible for leading the entire Maintenance Department. The role has accountability for ensuring that all plant areas and equipment are maintained in an efficient, safe and reliable manner. The position establishes department goals, provides direction, guidance and development opportunities for all maintenance employees. The role partners with Operations leadership to ensure safe, predictable manufacturing processes and reliability, achieving operational excellence. The role will be part of the Plant Leadership Team, assists in development of overall organizational strategies, standards and practices, and strategic initiatives to achieve excellence.
REPORTS TO: This position reports to the Operations/Maintenance Leader.
SPAN OF CONTROL: Thirteen (13) primary (hourly) Maintenance personnel report to this position.
Lead in Safety
- Ensures the maintenance department fully complies with all OC safety programs and takes a safety-first approach.
- Comply with all plant rules, safety regulations and job hazard analysis (JHA) requirements.
- Participate in the safety, quality, TPM and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant.
- Perform job tasks in a manner to reduce an adverse impact to the environment and adhere to the environmental regulations and recycling procedures for waste disposal.
Lead and Develop Talent
- Engages in self-learning by investing in personal development to better lead and accomplish plant/department objectives.
- Propagates knowledge gained in educational efforts to others in the department to develop a diverse experience base within the department.
- Ensures maintenance employees are well-trained to perform full scope of job.
- Invests in the growth and development of maintenance employees to achieve sustained success.
Develop and Execute Maintenance Strategies
- Ensures that maintenance shop(s), maintenance breakroom(s) and tool cribs are neat and organized.
- Develops maintenance strategies to achieve maintenance key performance indicators - KPIs (budget, downtime reporting, compliance, etc.) that align with overall plant strategy.
- Prepares and executes maintenance department budget, plans, scope and cost estimates (e.g. budget development, purchase order and invoice approvals, analysis, and tracking of budget versus spend).
- Leads and implements processes that are consistent with Reliability Work Process (RWP).
- Create and maintain long term repair plan, and effectively coordinate major repairs with Production planning and scheduling.
- Analyze equipment failures and data to improve preventative and predictive maintenance programs.
- Oversee and enhance the plant preventative maintenance (PM) system.
- Manage critical spare parts to minimize plant downtime and to maintain manageable inventory levels.
- Ensure maintenance of critical records, documents and blueprints for maintenance assets.
- Lead and support a maintenance culture that is focused on safety, continuous improvement, positive morale, customer service, training and development.
Direct Maintenance Operations
- Directs the activities of maintenance personnel to perform tasks in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
- Plans and executes RWP to prioritize maintenance activities, achieve and sustain equipment reliability.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems to determine root cause of failures and implement countermeasures.
- Under direction of EHS team, ensures maintenance of environmental control equipment and support other compliance activities to achieve zero environmental non-conformities.
- Executes data driven decisions and ensures quality data (bills of material, PM frequency, work order backlog management, and other pertinent information) is maintained in SAP.
Collaborate Across Plant/Departmental Lines
- Fosters an atmosphere of team work within department and across plant.
- Works with other maintenance, engineering, and production personnel to analyze the performance of equipment, propose solutions, and coordinate maintenance activities.
- Actively participates in TPM activities and display leadership to direct reports.
- Maintains confidentiality of management communications and decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering or related engineering, technology or design field)
- Industrial Mechanical and Electrical background, with a minimum of 3 years leadership responsibilities
- Bi-lingual Spanish, ability to translate documents from English to Spanish a plus
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and meet targets
- Maintain job related qualifications and certifications as required by the nature of this position
- Experience of successfully developing, leading and executing reliability centered maintenance processes
- A proven track record of driving results by engaging others
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPETENCIES
- Previous experience/proficiency with navigating maintenance management systems (i.e. SAP)
- Proficiency with utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.