Granville, Ohio, United States
Air Permitting LeaderJob ID 53842
Owens Corning operates more than 140 manufacturing facilities world-wide, with 60 manufacturing facilities across North America. Our sites are subject to a wide range of regulatory requirements related to air emissions. The Senior Air Permitting Lead is a newly created position to provide corporate oversight to Air Emissions compliance management across Owens Corning. This role will be centered on standard management systems to reduce regulatory risk in North America and will work closely with the Environmental Leaders of each Owens Corning business, corporate Environmental Engineering, and the corporate Regulatory Law department. This role also includes global responsibilities, working closely with global regional Environmental Leaders.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
Reports to: Director, Enterprise Environmental & Operations Sustainability
Span of Control: Direct reports: 2
Air Compliance (approximately 60%)
- Develop and implement a global Owens Corning Air Emissions Management System with the purpose of maintaining compliance and minimizing environmental impact.
- Develop and implement a global Owens Corning Air Permit Internal Auditing program.
- Assist the businesses and facilities in North America with regulatory applicability determinations.
- Review and analyze corporate North American air compliance performance and deploy compliance strategies.
- Support Owens Corning growth projects that require environmental permitting.
- Monitor and review evolving and emerging regulations. Assess impact of regulatory changes to Owens Corning and propose course of action.
Air Testing (approximately 20%)
- Supervise two Air Testing specialists who manage compliance and project related air testing campaigns at Owens Corning facilities.
- Evaluate and manage contracts with environmental consulting and firms to perform air emissions testing.
- Optimize testing schedules to minimize costs and improve efficiency of overall testing programs.
Global Support (approximately 20%)
- Support global Owens Corning performance against Air Quality Sustainability Goals by consulting on strategies to reduce environmental impact of air emissions.
- Provide oversight and guidance for carbon emissions programs.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, or another technical field.
- 6 years direct management of Title V permitting and 10 years with air permitting in general.
- Multi-site management experience.
- Experience permitting under PSD & NSR.
- Implementation of ISO 14001 (or equivalent) environmental management system.
- Experience leading environmental compliance audits.
- Ability to travel 50%.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- In-depth knowledge of United States air emissions regulations.
- Knowledge of Mexican, Canadian, or European air regulations is a plus.
- Knowledge of EPCRA reporting requirements.
- Ability to solve complex problems with multiple stakeholders. Complex problems are those that may involve multiple regulatory schemes, competing business priorities, and uncertain outcomes.
- Knowledge of waste and water regulations is a plus.
- Ability to influence others in a matrix organization to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Strong user skills for Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), including the ability to compose and manage complex Microsoft Excel workbooks and spreadsheets.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.