Granville, Ohio, United States
Capital Sourcing Finance Operations LeaderJob ID 54238
The Capital Sourcing - Finance Operations Leader is responsible for business case development, life-cycle cost analysis, long range planning (LRP) analysis, competitive/market intelligence, supplier relationship management, capital efficiency reporting, and cost control and project estimating for Owens Corning’s Capital Sourcing function. The position is an integral partner in executing the Advanced Manufacturing strategic direction, data driven life-cycle cost decisions, and creating competitive advantage in the marketplace. The position collaborates closely with the Advanced Manufacturing leadership team as well as the operations and finance teams supporting individual business units. This position reports to the Director, Global Capital Sourcing.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
- Business Case, Life Cycle Costing and Value Creation
- Lead business case development for major capital projects.
- Lead creation and deployment of an OC specific life-cycle cost analysis framework to guide optimal capital investment decisions and maximize ROI.
- Provide support through financial modeling, business case analysis and financial/management reporting in support of capital projects and corporate objectives.
- Standardize and consolidate cost estimating and cost control across the business units to reduce waste, reduce cycle time and improve accuracy and accountability.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to senior leaders and stakeholders through excellence in business case development, data modeling, and scenario planning.
- Provide ad-hoc analytical support on cross functional projects and capital supplier negotiations
- Lead a robust post audit process to ensure learning and continuous improvement.
- Know the company and our suppliers
- Continuously builds intimate insight and knowledge of critical supplier base, their business, what is necessary for the supplier to be successful, and the value that our current and future global supply base delivers to Owens Corning.
- Collaborates with the business stakeholders to assure supplier management strategies are aligned with commercial strategies for the businesses and investment plans for the plants.
- Ensures operations are consistent with the global supplier code of conduct and OC values.
- Ensures appropriate level of Supplier Management (including overall commercial account management) for supply base and make this a linchpin of continuous improvement for OC/supplier relationship and results.
- Develops strong understanding of key supplier industries through “outside in” perspective and regularly calibrate the contemporary state of this perspective.
- Provides a sophisticated view of our Suppliers so risks and opportunities are well understood by business decision makers, and specific actions are taken as a result.
- Establish a global outsourced operating model focused on delivery of results, continuous improvement and collaboration to optimize business value.
- Develops an enterprise-wide strategy and framework, including, but not limited to supplier governance, performance management, continuous improvement and joint collaboration; introduction of Total Productive Maintenance principles; coordination with leaders within Advanced Manufacturing and business stakeholders as appropriate; development and implementation of supporting systems, processes and tools; and risk analysis and mitigation.
- Lead coordination to improve cost control and project estimating model and technology that will drive towards consistency between all business units, and financial metrics that demonstrate leverage in the supplier base and best practices in commercial contracting.
- Works closely with business partners in the selection, qualification and understanding of supplier risk and capability.
- Supports the development and deployment of supplier quality system assessments and process audits in to assess compliance to defined requirements.
- Improves performance levels of purchased services through coordination of supplier workshops, improvement meetings, etc.
- 7-10 years of experience in global finance and sourcing environment.
- BS degree in Business, Engineering, Operations or related field is required; MBA preferred
- Strong commercial orientation, with thorough understanding of financial statements, especially cash flow and cash generation, cost reduction, productivity, and working capital.
- Experience developing and implementing comprehensive sourcing and/or supply strategies at a global level.
- Demonstrated success in working in a matrixed organization
- Strong negotiating and contract skills
- Experience managing and//or influencing high performing teams across geographic boundaries
Knowledge and Skills and Abilities:
- Business Partner: Strong ability to build business partnerships across the company and influence and participate in decisions of senior management.
- Leadership and communication skills: Demonstrated executive presence that enhances relationships with senior management and all stakeholders. Positive influencing skills, able to interact with professionals in various functional areas to resolve issues throughout the organization. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Communicates in a manner that encourages an ongoing dialogue with complete candor that builds trust and encourages creativity within the team.
- Results orientation and business acumen: Genuine interest in how the underlying business works, and be skilled at seeing new possibilities for enhancing the value of the business, as well as proactively helping management understand the requirements and parameters of Sourcing.
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills: Ability to work credibly and collaboratively with global cross-functional management teams. Responsiveness to business unit and corporate office needs and have had success in advancing initiatives across an organization.
- Outside in Perspective: Good understanding of global markets, and how externally oriented outside-in thinking affects business and decisions within a company framework.
- Intimate Supplier and Industry Knowledge. Thorough knowledge of the engineering, construction and manufacturing business, markets and industry, including well-developed technical and commercial knowledge of Facilities, Equipment, and Engineering and Construction sectors that provides competitive advantage in support of capital execution and technology needs.
- Project Management Leadership: Demonstrated ability to lead all commercial aspects of complex projects to successful and on-time completion. Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of budget formulation, administration, capital program budgeting, resource allocation, program and supplier evaluation, and reporting.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.