Granville, Ohio, United States
Capital Sourcing, Supplier Relationship ManagerJob ID 53569
The Capital Sourcing – Supplier Relationship Manager is responsible for establishing the strategic commercial contracts and management of partnerships for capital projects. The position will work with corporate and business unit leaders to develop effective capital strategies for projects and initiatives. Collaborate with various colleagues in Capital Sourcing, Advanced Manufacturing, Capital Delivery, Legal, and Contract Management to improve Owens Corning strength commercially and contractually within the requirements of challenging project schedules. This position is responsible to ensure the right type and number of agreements are established and maintained to meet the ever changing Capital Deployment environment, and the ongoing supplier relationship management. This position is also responsible to ensure best practices and suppliers are shared across the business units.
- Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
- Demonstrate compliance with a personal safety action plan.
- Adhere to Owens Corning safety policies at all times.
- Substantially improve our supplier safety qualification process and year-after-year monitoring as part of any strategic partnership contract.
- Set and develop strategies for major growth initiatives
- Create stronger OC contractual position through (i) developing written contracts and upgrading Standard Terms & Conditions in cooperation with Legal Operations and (ii) realization supplier segmentation by risk analysis and importance of supplier study and actions address high risk suppliers.
- Support Intellectual Property (IP) Department with (i) upfront communications and interactions, (ii) creation and\or revising commercial IP strategies in strategic contracts and initiatives, (iii) modernization and consolidation the amount of Terms & Conditions, used by Capital Sourcing.
- Manage contracts of new and existing agreements to ensure they are a fit for the current business needs. This may mean dropping existing agreements, establishing new agreements, modifying existing agreements or maintaining them as-is.
- Supplier Selection Process:
- Institutionalize OC Sourcing Way (i.e. Selection Process) into major contracts
- Performance contracts (i.e. skin in the game)
- Standards around engineering completeness in bid packages and business unit sign-off
- Drive informed business decisions and supplier partnerships
- Work closely with business units to develop collective Long Range Plan (LRP) to enable a proactive view of strategic opportunities for the creation of external partnerships.
- Collaborate with Advanced Manufacturing Leadership team and others with utilization of LRP for resource planning by discipline and global/regional requirements.
- Lead the utilization of the LRP to eliminate surprises and ensure that our stage gate process is initiated with the right involvement of resources.
- Know the Company and our Suppliers from an external and internal perspective,
- Build actionable insight and knowledge of critical supplier base, their business, what is necessary for the supplier to be successful, and the value that our current and future global supply base delivers to Owens Corning.
- Collaborate with the business and Advanced Manufacturing Leadership Team and others to assure supplier management strategies are aligned with commercial strategies for the businesses and investment plans for the plants.
- Ensure operations are consistent with the global supplier code of conduct and OC values.
- Ensure appropriate level of supplier management (including overall commercial account management) for supply base and make this a linchpin of continuous improvement for OC/supplier relationship and results.
- Assist in establishing a global operating model, strategy and program, focused on delivering results, driving continuous improvement and collaboration to optimize business value.
- Develop an enterprise-wide strategy and framework, including, but not limited to supplier governance, performance management, continuous improvement, introduction of TPM principles, and implementation of supporting systems, processes and tools; and risk analysis and mitigation.
- Develop, prioritize and implement global supplier management processes and tools that are timely, complete, and meet end-user needs. Keep a forward looking, long term view of key trends and activities which will significantly impact the business, and adjusts programs as needed.
- Work closely with business partners in the selection, qualification and understanding of supplier risk and capability.
- Drive strategic implementation of processes and procedures to address supplier performance deficiencies.
- Executing Operations and Compliance
- Sox/Polices: Assure adherence to all corporate and sourcing policies including clearly identifying non-compliance for violations in quarterly Rep Letters.
- Transactional Excellence: Continuously improve sourcing processes with the objective of minimizing back-office sourcing transaction costs and rework.
- Act as One Company: Leverage spend across the function and business units
- Risk Mitigation: Lead with a view to ensure our Supplier and Risk Management process is delivering results
- Supplier Segmentation - Risk analysis and importance of supplier study and actions to address high risk suppliers
- 7 years experience with manufacturing company in global sourcing or equivalent experience\ relevant corporate categories, including working knowledge in the following areas: sourcing, commercial contracts, corporate, real estate law, compliance, antitrust and export.
- 5 years of experience leading and executing global projects; effectively managing internal and external relationships, while delivering business results.
- Demonstrated success in implementing best practices or programs throughout a business unit or across business units.
- Bachelor`s \ University degree in Business, Legal, Finance or related field is required. General Law Degree is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of contract law, budget formulation, administration, capital program budgeting, resource allocation, supplier evaluation, and reporting
- Strong analytical skills, creative problem-solving capabilities, advanced strategic procurement methodologies, sourcing approaches, and techniques to develop project sourcing strategy that delivers value and productivity through inflation offsets, cost reductions, strategic partnering, LCC etc.
- Understands, communicates with, and is able to effectively achieve business results working across and with multi-national teams.
- Experience in complex project management
- Strong negotiating skills
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.