Granville, Ohio, United States
Environmental Management System (EMS) LeadJob ID 53843
Owens Corning operates more than 140 manufacturing facilities world-wide, which are subject to a wide range of environmental regulatory requirements. The EMS Enterprise Lead is a newly created position that will provide global oversight to the Environmental Management System (EMS) process across Owens Corning. This role will develop and deploy standard EMS elements consistent with ISO 14001 and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) principals. The purpose of the EMS is to reduce environmental risk associated with regulatory compliance and environmental impact. This role will work closely with the Environmental Leaders of each Owens Corning business, the corporate TPM organization, and the corporate Regulatory Law department.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
Reports to: Director, Enterprise Environmental & Operations Sustainability
Environmental Management Systems
- Benchmark and develop standards for EMS elements consistent with ISO 14001 and TPM principles.
- Support development of environmental standards by the Compliance Functions.
- Develop audit and assessment program for the EMS and for regulatory compliance.
TPM EHS Pillar
- Benchmark and develop standards for the TPM EHS Pillar Process supporting the Environmental, Health, and Safety needs for the pillar.
- Develop skills and training needs matrixes for the EHS Pillar process.
- Develop and deploy training for EHS Pillar teams.
Training and Development
- Develop skills and training needs matrixes for EMS elements and environmental roles.
- Develop and deploy training programs for EMS elements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, or another technical field.
- Implementation of ISO 14001 (or equivalent) environmental management system in a manufacturing setting.
- ISO Management Systems audit experience
- 5 years working in Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), or similar operating system.
- Multi-site management experience.
- Development and deployment of training systems.
- Ability to travel 50%.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of United States environmental regulations.
- Knowledge of non-US environmental regulations is a plus.
- Ability to solve complex problems with multiple stakeholders. Complex problems are those that may involve multiple regulatory schemes, competing business priorities, and uncertain outcomes.
- Ability to influence others in a matrix organization to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Strong user skills for Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).