Granville, Ohio, United States
Senior Process Control EngineerJob ID 58651
As the IT and OT convergence and Digital Manufacturing strategy continues, Owens Corning is proving out and adopting technology to help accelerate our digital transformation. Enterpise solutions are being expanded at Owens Corning and are being utilized across all three businesses. The Manufacturing Controls & Systems Engineer is a key role, as the person in this role is accountable for design, consultation, deployment, standardization, and support of all Manufacturing Controls & OT Systems related deployments at Owens Corning.
A successful candidate will have knowledge of manufacturing technology and process and will be expected to provide guidance and consultation in the Manufacturing Controls & OT Systems domain. The nature of this role requires flexibility. The demands of Digital Manufacturing are constantly changing to meet the needs of the business. The person in this role should have strong leadership characteristics to lead in an exciting environment that is always changing and improving.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
Reports to: Sr Engineering II R&D, Manufacturing Digital – Core Digital Technologies
Span of Control: Individual Contributor
OT Platform leadership for Manufacturing Controls & OT Systems
- Build a working ownership model for the Manufacturing Controls & OT Systems platform; work closely with key stakeholders (Capital Delivery, Core Digital Technologies) to establish an adoption of users that work synergistically.
- Lifecycle management. Establish LCM process to ensure Manufacturing Controls & OT Systems systems remain current, supported, and benefit from new functionality with accountability to make key platform decisions that align with Business priority and GIS/Digital Manufacturing standards
- Collaborate with key business and technical stakeholders to align on
- 3-5 year platform roadmap that outlines usage across all OC businesses
- Build out an Manufacturing Controls & OT Systems strategy, facilitate setting/updating standards.
- Apply project management expertise and other best practices/tools to define, execute, and fully own project plans from end-to-end
- Scope Management
- Schedule Management
- Budget Management
- Resource Management (internal and external)
- Risk Management
- Communications Management
- Change Management
- Support evaluation of new product functionality, develop the corresponding technology solutions roadmap.
- Manage POC and Pilot projects of new functionality to drive the expansion of the platform within the identified or emerging standards, and demonstrate value generation
Manufacturing Controls & OT Systems Support, Operations, and Security
- Drive ownership of a sustainable support process. Build out the process leveraging our team of third party partners, and be available for support escalations as required.
- Design and implement a change management process that works to eliminate risk at our plants. Ensure all changes are known, appropriate, and tested. Strive for 100% visibility.
- Work with key vendors to create the Manufacturing Controls & OT Systems portfolio of innovation or new projects and engage cross functional stakeholders to help insure standards are in place and followined.
- Account management - access process and role management
- Security of data integration - ensure standard processes are used to securely transfer data into and out of Manufacturing Controls & OT Systems; Collaborates closely with Global Security team to integrate industry standard security standards and strategy for systems deployed in the Manufacturing environment
Digital Manufacturing/OT and Digital Manufacturing Engagement
- Manufacturing Controls & OT Systems are key platform that are leveraged by the shop floor team, MES owner, business teams, and broader Controls & Automation teams. As platform owner, you’re expected to establish a strong connection with each of these groups, and ensure full transparency to all work happening in this domain. You will need to leverage these partnerships to be successful in this role.
- As a member of the Digital Manufacturing team, you are expected to partner closely with your teammates and other platform owners to deliver successful results for our business partners.
- Participate in all Digital Manufacturing and GIS team meetings and standard processes
- Work closely with the Advanced Manufacturing and Manufacturing OT teams to ensure full visibility and alignment to similar workstreams happening in other parts of the organization
- Establish and maintain relationships with technology stakeholders and, key vendors and partners involved in demonstrating business value.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Engineering Technology or closely related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in the IT or OT field with concentration around manufacturing applications or solutions development.
- Working knowledge of Manufacturing Controls & OT Systems such as SCADA systems, Automatic Backup Solutions, among other Manufacturing Digital Systems
- Demonstrated experience in small to medium capital project management with a successful track record
- Estimated Travel: 20–30% domestically or internationally as required.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Able to build business cases, explain technical solution concepts, and matching new emerging technologies with operational needs.
- Able to quickly analyze and implement improvements then gauge their effectiveness.
- Abie to deal successfully with multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience collaborating in a diverse cultures environment and across international boundaries.
- Self-motivated and driven to learn new technologies – voluntarily initiates and takes lead roles in challenging work without explicit direction.
- Strong communication and presentation skills – able to convey relevant information clearly with confidence across all levels of an organization.
- Experience working in a highly-matrixed structure across functional, business, geographic and cultural boundaries.
- Curious to understand how and why things operate, finds root causes through analysis and questioning.
- Builds trust, connections, and is able to effectively influence stakeholders.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and construction materials leader committed to building a sustainable future through material innovation. Our three integrated businesses – Composites, Insulation, and Roofing – provide durable, sustainable, energy-efficient solutions that leverage our unique material science, manufacturing, and market knowledge to help our customers win and grow. We are global in scope, human in scale with approximately 20,000 employees in 33 countries dedicated to generating value for our customers and shareholders, and making a difference in the communities where we work and live. Founded in 1938 and based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, Owens Corning posted 2021 sales of $8.5 billion. For more information, visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.