Granville, Ohio, United States
Project Engineering Manager, EPCMJob ID 54382
The Project Manager, Capital Delivery serves as project manager for major capital projects typically ranging from $10MM to $150MM. This role partners with business leadership, internal engineering teams, and external partners to safely deliver projects on plan. They conceptualize, define, safely execute and close out major capital projects, while meeting prescribed metrics. The Project Manager will also use current standards and best processes to define and continuously improve the Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Early Management (EM) capital project delivery process.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
Reports to: Capital Delivery Leader
Span of Control: Large capital projects may be in any Composites plant in the Americas, Europe or Asia and usually fall in a range from $10MM to $150MM. Project results of this role impact plants financial performance, customer satisfaction and return on investment, over the operating life of installed equipment.
Process and process improvement activities
- The project manager is to work within the broader project management team to coordinate cost control, contract administration, construction site representation, expediting, scheduling and other project support roles that are typically filled by contract employees, that may be shared in support of multiple projects.
- Maintain, continuously enhance and communicate standard processes utilized in capital delivery.
- Coordinates with the Capital Projects Leader to align and implement standard procedures to ensure projects meet IP and SOX guidelines and corporate policy.
- Assists the Capital Projects Leader to provide tracking of current, and long-range planning of major capital projects in collaboration within the business stakeholders.
- Activity participates with the project management team to provide a process of maintaining and accessing key learnings on all projects for evaluation and use as reference on future projects.
- Ensures TPM EM process are considered in all projects and participates in TPM training activities.
- Completes all required regulatory training.
- Participates in PM training (CURT, PMI, RPM, etc) as needed.
Provides project management of capital projects and ensures metrics are defined and met.
- Provide Leadership in support of conceptualizing capital solutions and methods to meet business objectives in collaboration with Business Stakeholders and area experts.
- Develop project team and Lead resources, in collaboration with Plants, Engineering, Environment/Health/Safety, Global Sourcing, vendors, engineering firms and other parties as necessary to define, estimate and safely execute all phases of a project through close out of the project.
- Accountable for delivering the project per the established metrics.
- Ensure all phases of the project are executed per the prescribed capital delivery process and according to Corporate Policy.
- Track and report progress of the project against established metrics.
- BS or MS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, or Chemical preferred)
- 10+ years of experience leading Capital Projects
- Background in manufacturing operations and/or design engineering
- This position requires 30-50% travel. Travel may be domestic or international depending on plant location.
- Project Manager will be based out of our Owens Corning Science & Technology Center in Granville, OH.
- Engineering Procurement Construction Management (EPCM) Execution Strategy for Capital Investments
- Familiarity with TPM
- PMI and/or CURT training
- Leadership experience in a matrix environment
- Experience working in global locations and with global teams
- 6 Sigma training
- Multiple language skills
- Gated process engineering design experience – use of tools such as FMEA, DFMA, DFS, etc
- Use of Auto Cad or other similar design packages
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Capital project management experience within a manufacturing environment
- Project leadership skills and ability to manage projects through to completion
- Ability to lead and influence change
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project scheduling software or other similar project scheduling software
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to quickly assess situations, develop appropriate solutions, and manage execution
- Leverages data and data collection systems for problem-solving and decision-making.
- Working knowledge of Project Management originating from organizations such as PMI and CURT.
- Strong planning, resourcing and delegation skills
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.