Granville, Ohio, United States
Sr Process EngineerJob ID 53574
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Sr. Process Engineer supports the Advanced Manufacturing organization by transforming Owens Corning’s manufacturing equipment and processes. The Process Engineer is responsible for manufacturing steps after fiber formation, including fiber conversion into a product for the customer, and through final packaging. This role is accountable for conceptualizing, developing and implementing step-change processes for all Insulation and Composite products worldwide.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
Reports to: R&D Leader, Process Development
Live the safety stand and adhere to the safety responsibilities.
- Embraces and upholds the company policies and procedures related to safety.
- Clear leader in improving safe work practices.
- Embraces company policies and procedures for documenting hazards, near misses and incidents.
Lead the development of process equipment for Owens Corning
- Identify opportunities and value of new manufacturing processes and improvements
- Establish key metrics for successful process development and implementation, then track that the value is achieved
- Collaborate with internal and external partners during process development to apply Early Management principles from Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Apply system level thinking to link critical process variables to product performance
- Design, execute, and evaluate well-planned trials to establish understanding of process-product characteristics and identify critical parameters for control of desired effects.
Manage development projects and integrate into larger programs
- Serve as project manager during new process-product industrialization efforts and coordinate between different functional groups (operations, innovation, sourcing, capital delivery, product management)
- Effective communication of project scope, timeline, personnel and budget.
- Manage leadership and team expectations in a dynamic environment.
- Proactively mitigate risk and respond appropriately to project changes or challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 to 5 years experience in an R&D or manufacturing engineer function
- Solid understanding of statistical methods including; control charts, design of experiments, and power & sample size calculations. Six Sigma Green or Black Belt preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interface with plant personnel and execute projects in the manufacturing environment.
- Masters degree in mechanical, manufacturing, electrical or similar engineering discipline.
- Project management - effective management of projects including but not limited to scope, schedule, cost, risk, resource, and issue management.
- Technical leadership – previous execution of small to large scale projects including cross-functional teams.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.