Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)Job ID 54136
Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
This position is part of the Guelph Plant's Maintenance Team and plays a role in improving overall reliability and performance of manufacturing and infrastructure equipment. The Industrial Mechanic’s (Millwright) primary purpose is maintaining plant equipment at optimum efficiency. The successful applicant will hold a 433A certificate of qualification as an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) and have a minimum of three years’ experience in troubleshooting and repairs to a broad range of mechanical equipment. Demonstrated knowledge and ability in hydraulics, pneumatics, conveyor systems, drives and bearing assemblies is preferred. Grade 12 or equivalent is required. The plant operates on both preventive and predictive maintenance programs. The Guelph Glass Plant facility is a 24 hour/7 day a week operation.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine maintenance and repair associated with bearings, shafts, chains, conveyors, belts, sprockets, pumps, and related equipment
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs associated with pneumatic, water and other related piping equipment
- Use and interpret schematics and blueprints related to plant equipment
- Perform Preventive Maintenance on equipment and resolve identified issues/problems
- Ability to observe a situation, correctly diagnoses the problem, and implements a corrective action
- Possess industry standard cutting and welding skills, use of torch, stick welding, and wire welding, including understanding of cutting and welding procedures and safety
- Demonstrated working knowledge of lock tag try, hot work, line breaking and confined space entry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of oils and lubrications, rigging of equipment, set-up and alignment of machinery and equipment
- Maintain accurate up-to-date maintenance database records (SAP)
- Ongoing personal development, including staying up to date on current Millwright Techniques
- Participates in the Safety and housekeeping programs
- Performs other duties as directed by the Maintenance Leader and Maintenance Supervisor
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.