Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Mechanic Shift ProbationaryJob ID 54571
Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
This position is part of the Guelph Plant's Maintenance Team and plays a role in improving overall reliability and performance of manufacturing and infrastructure equipment. The Industrial Mechanic’s (Millwright) primary purpose is maintaining plant equipment at optimum efficiency. The successful applicant will hold a 433A certificate of qualification as an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) and have a minimum of three years’ experience in troubleshooting and repairs to a broad range of mechanical equipment. Demonstrated knowledge and ability in hydraulics, pneumatics, conveyor systems, drives and bearing assemblies is preferred. Grade 12 or equivalent is required. The plant operates on both preventive and predictive maintenance programs. The Guelph Glass Plant facility is a 24 hour/7 day a week operation.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine maintenance and repair associated with bearings, shafts, chains, conveyors, belts, sprockets, pumps, and related equipment
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs associated with pneumatic, water and other related piping equipment
- Use and interpret schematics and blueprints related to plant equipment
- Perform Preventive Maintenance on equipment and resolve identified issues/problems
- Ability to observe a situation, correctly diagnoses the problem, and implements a corrective action
- Possess industry standard cutting and welding skills, use of torch, stick welding, and wire welding, including understanding of cutting and welding procedures and safety
- Demonstrated working knowledge of lock tag try, hot work, line breaking and confined space entry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of oils and lubrications, rigging of equipment, set-up and alignment of machinery and equipment
- Maintain accurate up-to-date maintenance database records (SAP)
- Ongoing personal development, including staying up to date on current Millwright Techniques
- Participates in the Safety and housekeeping programs
- Performs other duties as directed by the Maintenance Leader and Maintenance Supervisor
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2016 sales of $5.7 billion and employs about 17,000 people in 33 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 63 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.