Deleg. Gustavo A Madero, Mexico State, Mexico
Country Sourcing LeaderJob ID 53318
The Mexico Sourcing Leader, is responsible for all aspects of related sourcing in OC Mexico. Leadership and accountability of the role crosses into each business segment within the Group including supplier management, cost reductions driven through negotiations and material substitution, performance against specific sourcing metrics, and development of an external market perspective including inflation forecasting. This position reports to the Americas Sourcing Leader.
- Live by the OC safety standards and adhere to the safety responsibilities.
- Country sourcing strategy development
- Country Sourcing Management
- Productivity Improvement
- Leading and Developing Talent
- Risk Management
- Minimum of seven years related work experience and proven leadership in Sourcing, Supply Chain Management or related field is required
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Business Administration, Purchasing or related field is preferred
- Plant Sourcing experience strongly preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to manage change across multiple functions and/or business areas
- Demonstrated growth and expansion of best practices
- Total cost analysis with emphasis on external market influences
- Problem solving and decision making through analytics and data
- Demonstrated effective communication and negotiation skills with proven track record
- Demonstrated planning and organizational ability relative to strategy attainment through focus on financial risk and return
- Computer skills: Microsoft Suite
- Communication Skills: Listen, Persuasion, and Presentation
- Strong negotiation skills
- Fluent in English and Spanish (writing, reading, hearing and speaking)
- Analytical skills
- Planning skills
Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Change Agent – Comfortable designing for the future, while managing day-to-day project requirements; never satisfied with status quo, continually striving for excellence. Ability to operate and execute effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and challenging deadlines.
- Results Oriented – Energetic, resourceful, with strong service orientation and positive can-do attitude; fully committed to the job and to delivering outstanding results
- Strategic Thinker – Forward-thinking and creative individual with the ability to take difficult situations and turn them into positive opportunities
- Highly Ethical – Can be trusted to do only the “right thing” for the company, shareholders, and others; follows a balanced approach without compromising integrity
- Strong financial acumen with demonstrated analytical ability
- Willingness to travel, ~60 - 70% of the time
- Flexibility for additional work allocation
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.