Kimchon Kyongbuk, Korea, Gyeongsangbuk-do, Korea, Republic of
Engineering SpecialistJob ID 54479
The Kimchon Environmental & Process Lead is responsible for controlling plant and/or department environmental and environmental process management. This person will lead the development, implementation, evaluation, and management of critical environmental processes (Emission treatment system, Waste water treatment system, and Utility system)/programs/procedures to achieve zero environmental nonconformity. The successful candidate will provide leadership and apply technical abilities to engage employees at all levels of the organization and to manage related processes in order to develop and sustain world-class environmental process.
Reports to: Plant Environmental & Process Technical Team Leader
Live the OC Sustainability stands, adhere to the environmental responsibilities
- The Environmental Lead will establish and accomplish aggressive personal, and facility goals that align with division and Owens Corning corporate goals. These goals will reflect a total commitment to developing a strong environmental friendly culture, achieving a world-class environmentally responsible operation of the facility.
- Develop and manage plant or department Strategic Action Plans and deliver on all commitments
- Achievement of personal, department and facility goals.
- Translates environmental strategies into results
Develop environmental leadership capabilities in our people
The Plant Environmental & Process Technical Leader will develop skills and grow capabilities in the assigned facility, including:
- Develop and implement training programs in a coordinated effort with PLT, Environmental & Process Technical Leader and appropriate plant personnel
- Continually reinforce the company’s stand on environmental stewardship and always recognize employee accomplishments and contributions.
- Empowers employees to prevent or stop and correct environmentally nonconformity acts or work conditions
- Builds organizational capabilities through people, technology, and process management
- 100% Completion of training plan and certified competence of all employees trained.
Oversee legal compliance and adherence to OC policies and processes
Lead and manage visible risk and the processes for adherence to environmental regulations. Provide expert technical support in identifying and resolving critical regulatory issues.
- Oversee environmental policies, systems and processes to ensure Korea and local, GRS business unit and local compliance as required.
- Ensure effective management of all environmental incidents to avoid litigation, third party and union intervention
- Proactively participate in and lead efforts around environmental risk reduction across the plant.
- Possess working knowledge of the plant environmental permits and systems.
- % closure on environmental incident corrective actions within 30 days
- Deficiencies in internal/external Environmental audits
- Prevention of the reoccurrence of similar environmental incidents
- Waste water management (permit, report).
- Air pollution management (permit, TMS operation, SNCR operation, report).
- Waste management (Allbaro system, report, designated/general waste, recycling waste).
- Environmental activity not to exceed regulation permit (harmful chemical substance control, report, chemical risk assessment)
- Communication with OC (Environmental scorecard, Resource Advisor)
- Subcontractor management (evaluation, finding, agency)
- Bachelor’s degree in any field related to Environmental, such as industrial environmental, engineering, science or equivalent
- Professional environmental certification is required. Must be willing to take the professional certification examination within a reasonable time for environmental.
- Environmental leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Completion of the Environmental Development Program or similar experience
- 5 years related job experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of environmental compliance law
- Ability to identify critical process and system needs and then implement appropriate action plans on a global basis
- Understanding of air permits and associated monitoring, recordkeeping and reporting
- Ability to establish agreement and consensus with management
- Knowledge of waste water permitting and management of waste water treatment
- Knowledge of ISO14001, 2015
- Ability to effectively engage primary employees in both, union or non-union environment is critical
- Ability to promote a team environment and must be able to initiate, lead and drive cross-functional team projects to successful completion
- Working knowledge of waste related rules and the responsible management of Waste materials
- Working knowledge of harmful chemical related rules and the responsible management of harmful chemical substance.
- Working knowledge of utility process and equipment
- Working knowledge of waste water treatment system, air pollution treatment system and monitoring system (TMS_ Emission Tele-monitoring system)
- Ability to integrate resources across the organization
- Highly ethical: Can be trusted to do only the “right thing” for the employees, shareholders and others. Follows a balanced approach without compromising integrity
- Results-oriented: Energetic, resourceful, with a strong service orientation and positive can-do attitude. Fully committed to the job and to deliver outstanding work. Never satisfied with the status quo, continually striving for excellence.
- Enjoys working hands-on
- Change agent: Capable of creating a vision improved performance and enrolling others to achieve goals. Able to anticipate risks and propose practical plans to mitigate them. Appreciates environmental organization’s impact and is able to convey how environmental is an integral part of the Plant’s business strategy.
- Communication Skills: Listen, Persuasion and Presentation.
- Fluent in Korean and English (writing, reading, hearing and speaking)
- Computer skills: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Analytical skill.
- Broad knowledge of mechanic of several utility equipment.
- Basic knowledge of energy equipment and energy concept.
- Understand material balance and heat balance
- Ability to travel 5-10%
Owens Corning에 대해
Owens Corning은 단열소재, 지붕재 및 유리섬유 복합소재의 글로벌 리더입니다. 단열 제품은 에너지를 보존하며, 사람들이 살아가고, 일하며, 여가를 즐기는 공간의 음향효과, 내화성 및 공기의 질을 개선합니다. 지붕재 제품 및 시스템은 전면의 외관을 개선하고, 집과 상업용 빌딩 모두를 보호합니다. 유리섬유 복합소재는 수천 가지 제품을 더 가볍게, 더 강하게 만들며, 내구성을 개선합니다. Owens Corning은 혁신적인 제품과 솔루션을 제공하며, 이들은 고객에게 실질적인 차이를 전달하여 궁극적으로는 세상을 더 좋은 곳으로 만듭니다. 사업은 범위에 있어 세계적이며, 33개 국가에서 운영하고 있습니다. 인력 또한 규모가 커서, 20,000명의 직원들이 고객들과 지역적이고 오래 지속되는 관계를 배양하고 있습니다. 미국 오하이오주 톨리도에 본사를 두고 있으며, 2018년 $71억의 매출을 공시하였습니다. 1938년에 설립되어 64년간 계속해서 Fortune 500® 회사로 선정되었습니다. 추가 정보를 원하시면, www.owenscorning.com를 방문하십시오. .