Kimchon Kyongbuk, Korea, Gyeongsangbuk-do, Korea, Republic of
Senior HR SupervisorJob ID 53452
The Plant Human Resources (HR) Manager provides HR leadership to their plant site and advises the Plant Leader on all matters related to human capital. This is a key position on the Plant Leadership Team, responsible for managing and delivering HR program and activities in order to improve business results.The Plant HR Manager is an effective change agent, and a positive force in the effectiveness and engagement of the workforce.
The position directly reports to Korea HR leader and dotted line report to Plant Leader.
- Lead and support safety initiatives and processes to drive towards zero recordable injuries.
- Effectively communicate Owens Corning’s stand on safety to ensure employees believe in and behave in a manner that supports our stand that all accidents are preventable, safety is everyone’s responsibility, and that working safely is a condition of employment at Owens Corning.
- Incorporate the safety stand and safe improvements into all people-related initiatives.
- Live the Safety Stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities
- Draft a personal safety action plan and deliver on all commitments
- Implement a personal safety action plan
- Plant Safety metrics – RIR, first aids, near misses, SAFE and Critical 6 Scores
- Executing HR program
The HR program will consist of the following and will utilize best practices to ensure outside-in thinking:
- Union Management with Korea Metal Workers’ Union) and Employee Relations
- Collective Bargaining (Wage and Benefits)
- Talent Development
- Talent Acquisition
- Succession Planning
- Growing our People
- Change management (OD and OGSM)
- Performance Management
Executes HR practices, working closely with the Plant Leaders, Support Staff members, Primary employees and Staffing Agencies. Provides excellent support including:
- Assists with C&B questions, problems and enrollment for all benefits plans
- Recruiting for salaried staff positions
- Recruiting for primary positions
- Leading new employee orientation and training
- Managing confidential personnel files, ensuring completion and legal compliance
- Providing general HR assistance to all employees as needed.
- Preparing headcount, turnover, and other reports as requested by leaders.
- Building and maintaining an excellent working relationship with the union and interpreting and adhering to the union contract, minimizing grievances while maximizing flexibility within the set boundaries.
- Specific goals of the plant
- Performance Appraisals
- Individual Goals
- Employee Engagement
- Unplanned Turnover of high performance and high growth talent
- Rate of involuntary turnover for poor and marginal performers
- LCGF results
- Succession and Diversity ratio
- Directing Operations
- Develops a reputation and operates as a trusted advisor and business partner to the Plant Leader and Plant NLT members.
- Coaches leaders with confidence and candor consistent with My Leadership Accountabilities, The Owens Corning House, and OC Guiding Principles.
- Coaches andeducatesleaders so they are fully capable and accountable to own, improve and accelerate business results by:
- Executing differentiated performance management andcompensation;
- Imprving assessment, selection, development and retention of best talent.
- Creating the right wrk environment to ensure a safe, engaged and productive employee base.
- Leading thrugh effective change management practices.
- Assesses team performance and facilitates interventions proactively.
- Ensures compliance with relevant regulations and requirements pertaining to the management of HR to minimize risk and exposure to the company.
- Metrics identified in our HR Scorecard in the areas of:
- Headcunt commitments
- Talent Management
- Perfrmance Management
- Leading and Developing Talent
- Leads, coaches and teaches leaders to create an environment where talent is developed through effective performance management and talent evaluation systems.
- Effectively creates and fills openings with competent people using the appropriate mix of internal promotions and external recruitment to satisfy near-term performance, longer-term succession needs and to insure plant has the necessary outstanding talent.
- Invests in growth and development of leaders’ direct reports.
- Engages in personal development.
- Turnover of high performance and high growth talent
- Rate of involuntary turnover for poor and marginal performers
- Talent additions through external recruiting
- Ensuring Plant HR operation/service efficiency
- Tack employee information properly and make it in update;
- Take fully responsibilities of HRIS information accuracy especially C&B calculation in line with government and company principles;
- Make sure HR practices fully align with company policy and program such as employee contract management, on boarding program, employee information master file, etc.
- Feedback from employee, leaders and plant leader.
- Waste elimination which ensures a productive work environment
- 10+ years HR experience in a MNC manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years Union negotiation experience in KCTU/KMWU
- Leading resultseffectively/collaborativelythroughothers.
- Being part of creating and accelerating a high performance organization
- Attracting, developingandretainingoutstandingtalent
- Implementing successful employee relations.
- Measuring and assessing performance including developing and implementing metrics and operational reporting.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources management or a related field.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Building and leading teams - All abouttalent,inspiration,performance management, self-knowledge.
- Good command of English
- Change agent - Effectively leads change, action and results
- Business acumen - Demonstrates understanding of the financials and metrics of the business. Shows appreciation for, understands and balances the needs of employees with the needs of the business
- Current professional knowledge - of best practice human resources processes and tools including in the areas of performance management, compensation, recruiting, and talent development and succession management, for the ownership and implementation by leaders.
- Matrix master - Has the ability and confidence to work with leaders across a highly-matrixed organization to drive solutions that result in impactful, measurable results.
- Having hands on experience on either staffing or employee relations.
Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Engages and cares for others, starting with safety.
- Achieves results fast, individually and through teams.
- Takes business risks, grows from failures and celebrates success.
- Likes people and working in teams.
- Demonstrates high learning agility and continually strives to learn, grow and improve.
- Intelligent and conducts himself/herself with the highest ethical and moral standards