Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
China Chemical Sourcing LeadJob ID 54019
The China chemical lead has sourcing responsibilities for Chemicals across CSB Asia Pacific business and Building materials. Responsibilities include work with AP Chemicals leader, China Sourcing leader and regional chemical sourcing by developing and driving commercial strategy, Business growth, Productivity improvement programs, Security supplier and manufacturing cost reduction.The incumbent will work closely with supply chain, operations, finance, and technical team for business planning, regular management and new materials qualification. A successful candidate must have exceptional analytical skills, Initiative to take actions and put effective solutions.Facilitating change and building partnerships with multiple functions is critical, and chemical background is must and the coating/painting engineer is strongly preferred.
The China chemical sourcing lead is to do continuous improvement and lead specified projects of chemicals , building partnerships with multiple functionsto achieve the target. and (S)he will co-work with country leader, AP Chemical leader and Global chemical sourcing to drive more activities of new source development, manufacturing cost reduction and consistent materials security supply.
The position reports to China Sourcing leader.
- Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
Provide leadership in safe working practices, promoting safety awareness and performance for self and others in all areas of responsibility to achieve full compliance with site and company standards and guidelines
- Support safety initiatives to drive towards zero recordable injuries.
- Live the Safety Stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities
- Implement a personal safety action plan
- Safety metrics –first aids, near misses
- Chemical Strategy Development
Strategic thinking, Collecting and deeply analyze economic situation timely, consolidate market price and materials purchasing price to provide meaningful forecast/ results; drive data analysis with specified tracking to avoid the potential risks and optimize the resources for all purchasing materials.
- Fully understand on how to develop the new sources and improve current sources for all chemicals from composites and building materials both;
- Well noted how to improve the chemical and binder materials for CSB & BM application, Deliver total cost effectiveness of chemical sources for all China plants.
- Deeply evaluate the alternative procurement options and put the actions in place to achieve financial objectives;
- New vendor developing and work with relative functions on trial plan and implementation with regular tracking;
- Implement sourcing strategies for all Chemicals to ensure the achievement of business objectives
- Ongoing Local and global chemicals and its supplier related Market Intelligence
- Develop, implement and manage strategic sourcing plans short, medium and long terms, taking into account the Corporation’s strategic goals, short-term cash and operational requirements, and the changing nature of the supply environment.
- Support others regions to security supply, new vendor developing and others manufacturing cost reduction
- Cost structure evaluation to key chemicals to BM&CSB plant in Asia.
- Single source elimination
- Materials spending and price analysis
- Monthly accounting for cost reductions, substitutions, and cash improvements
- Execution against commodity goals and milestones, cost reduction with specified projects
- Working capital improvements driven by payment terms extension and others optimizing
- Projects solution
- Commodity Management
China Chemical sourcing lead should build and maintain strong relationships with chemicals suppliers to ensure supply security, service quality with the lowest cost with the standpoint of view in Owens Corning.
- Manage the procurement of chemical sourcing, including the negotiation, duty exemption by COO and management of associated contracts and agreements with responsibility for the timely delivery the quality materials and service with competitive cost.
- Utilize the Global Sourcing Standard Tool – Supplier Segmentation to knowing the chemical supplier and supply base.
- Conducting & Implement efficient counting methods and the way for quality control and control the price
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all suppliers to ensure supply security, service quality, and optimization of total cost
- Build the supply data base, profile and ensure the chemicals meet each country’s regulation
- Manage the procurement of products and services, including the negotiation and management of associated contracts and agreements with responsibility for the timely delivery of quality products and services within budgeted cost targets
- Mitigate inflation and manage prices by monitoring global and local market price trend
- Accountable to establish, optimize, and deliver against working capital targets / goals while meeting customer demand
- Develop and implement measurement systems to monitor the effectiveness of sourcing and inventory management processes for the overall accuracy of our processes
- Develop the potential suppliers close to our facility as close as possible to mitigate the supply risk
- Work closely with the technical team, Global and AP team for the multi qualification of different projects to OC one.
- Assures compliance with corporate sourcing and financial controls policies
- Inflation control and delivery VCI and working capital performance
- Supplier assessment and risk management
- Cost reduction, quality, and delivery performance
- Projects driven results
- Productivity Improvement
- Continuously improve total costs by identifying and acting to capture cost reduction opportunities without jeopardizing security of supply while maintaining the goals of strategic supply planning
- Drive productivity with strongly motivation
- Leads Sourcing chemical to manufacturing productivity by working with suppliers, operations, and technology team
- Drive supplier sustainability efforts
- Cost reduction
- Environmental footprint impact
- New projects
- Risk Management
- Accountable to maintain our Supplier and Risk Management process
- Regularly assess supplier performance and risk
- Developing multiple sources for minimizing single source risk
- Regularly assessment to supplier performance and risk;
- Risk assessment score
- Supplier scorecard
- Minimum of 5 years related working experience with chemical engineering background
- Bachelor’s Degree in organic, inorganic materials, or related field is required
- Coating and painting industry experiencestrongly preferred
- Extra knowledge for method of chemical analysis is a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to manage change across multiple functions and / or business areas
- Demonstrated growth and expansion of best practices
- Total cost analysis with emphasis on external market influences
- Problem solving and decision making through analytics and data
- Demonstrated effective communication and negotiation with track record
- Demonstrated the planning and organizational ability relative of strategy by focus on financial cost
- Knowledge for chemicals
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Access and Power Point
- Communication Skills: Listen, Persuasion and Presentation
- Negotiation skills
- Fluent in English (writing, reading, hearing and speaking)
- Analytical skill
- Planning skill
- Ownership for projects leading
Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Change agent - Comfortable designing for the future, while managing day-to-day project requirements. Never satisfied with status-quo, continually striving for excellence. Ability to operate and execute effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and challenging deadlines.
- Results Oriented - Energetic, resourceful, with strong service orientation and positive can-do attitude. Fully committed to the job and to delivering outstanding results.
- Strategic Thinker - Forward-thinking and creative individual with the ability to take difficult situations and turn them into positive opportunities.
- Highly Ethical - Can be trusted to do only the “right thing” for the company, shareholders, and others. Follows a balanced approach without compromising integrity
- Strong financial acumen with demonstrated analytical ability
- Willingness to travel 20~30% of the time
- Flexibility for additional works allocation