Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Early Career Program - Insulation BusinessJob ID 56115
Early Career Program – Insulation Business (2021)
The Early Career Program at Owens Corning provide an opportunity for highly skilled and motivated candidates to participate in a dynamic learning experience while contributing to our company’s change agenda: Winning with Our Customers and Growing Our People. As a program participant you will be encouraged to find innovative ways to create value while consistently improving results.
The Early Career Program – Insulation Business is designed to prepare engineers to serve as leaders with strong technical capability in Owens Corning China Insulation Business. The program duration is three years, with the time spent at Owens Corning’s China Insulation Business organization at different roles. During this time, participants will be mentored by seasoned technical and commercial professionals and will be challenged by the varied technical and leadership opportunities found in the Insulation Business environment.
As the beginning of this program, you will take the technical support engineer role and your development areas include:
- Project Management
- Product Knowledge
- Customer driven
- Works effectively and cooperatively with others
- Elevates performance of self and others
- Inspirational leadership
At the conclusion of their training, the program graduate is placed in a full-time assignment as a technical support leader or product manager at an Owens Corning China Insulation Business team.
- Co-work with Product Manager and China commercial team knows clear about China customers’ needs;
- Segmentation the market based on competitive, customer and industry trends to generate and support the product differentiation / development initiatives;
- Build broad and deep relationships with key customers to understand their business to facilitate understanding of their FFU. And identify opportunities to support OC future growth initiatives;
- Translate customer FFUs into product characteristics and support ATC and plant to create the capability to deliver;
- Product engineers are the key technical people on the product development projects. (S)he will manage the product qualification process at the customers’ site, and provide 1st-hand information for promotion and product launch;
- Use a data from customer side to work with manufacturing team to improve the product quality and plant capability;
- Develop user/installation guide to customers & end users, provide on-site support as needed;
- Elaborate and update related products technical sheet, user guide and customer feedback/complain;
- Develop and keep technical documentation on products, installation linked into customers and markets.
- Master Degree or above in building related majors including civil engineering, environment engineering, and thermal energy and refrigeration;
- 1-3 year work experience in building related industry is a must;
- Proficiency in drawings software CAD, 3D Max, Revit, BIM is preferred;
- Good written and oral communication skills including a working knowledge of the English language and presentation skills;
- Higher level of professional integrity and honesty as well as personal credibility.