Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Early Career Program - OperationsJob ID 56079
Early Career Program - Operations (2021)
The Early Career Program at Owens Corning provides an opportunity for highly skilled and motivated candidates to participate in a dynamic learning experience while contributing to our company’s change: Winning with Our Customers and Growing Our People. As a program participant you will be encouraged to find innovative ways to create value while consistently improving results.
The Early Career Program - Operations is designed to prepare engineers to service as Operations Leaders in Owens Corning AP Operations team. The program duration is three years. During this time, participants will be mentored by professionals and leaders and will be rotated by technical and leadership opportunities.
As the beginning of this program, you will take the process engineer role and your plant based development includes:
- Applied technical and process knowledge
- TPM methodology
- Production knowledge
In addition, the participant will be expected to develop the following competencies to be an effective leader:
- Leadership, acts as organization steward
- Result driven
- Quick learner
- Down to details
- Analytics & data-based decision making
- Works effectively and cooperatively with others
- Elevates performance of self and others
- Inspirational leadership
At the conclusion of their training, the program graduate is placed in a full-time assignment as a role in Quality, Maintenance or EHS Supervisor/Lead at an Owens Corning AP Operations team.
- Master degree or above in majors including Chemical, Material, Automation, Engineering, Silicate, EHS or an equivalent field
- Previous internships/co-ops in a manufacturing setting is preferred
- Excellent Computer Skills: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Power Point
- English oral/written communication skills
- Ability to organize and lead teams to achieve objectives
- Proactive problem solver, results orientated
- High level of integrity
- Ability to create and implement change
- Leverages own and others’ strengths.
- Ability to lead projects and develop project plans
The Process Engineer is to deliver process improvement and productivity to OC plants while promoting safety, product quality and environmental stewardship.
The Process engineer is the technical resource to OC China manufacturing operation. She/he monitors the process to determine its capability and identify opportunities for improvement. He/she leads productivity improvement projects and provides technical training and mentoring to the plants’ manufacturing engineers. He/she works with a cross-functional team to assure that customer expectations and business goals are met.
The engineer’s purpose is to assure all plant and area goals are met for Safety, Cost, Quality, Alloy, and Delivery. This position will achieve these goals through effectively working in the leadership team and engaging the production team members.
This position is generally responsible for:
- Keeping SAFETY FIRST
- Supporting the customer (internal & external)
- Meeting Critical Outcomes
The position reports to: Operation Leader
1. Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities
- Implement a personal safety action plan and review with leader
- Steadfast leadership surrounding Owens Corning safety stand; commitment to lead with unwavering expectation of safe working conditions and practices; lead with vision of zero injuries.
- Adhere to Safe requirements when implementing new processes
2. Ensure successful implementation of new process and product introduction into BMAP Plant
- Provide technology leadership and project planning to identify compounds and formulations for improved performance, innovative to the fiberglass manufacturing.
- Champion new ideas. Be responsible for program execution and technical deliverables.
- Leads and participates in productivity/process improvement projects.
- Reviews process/equipment performance and changes, Initiate troubleshooting and corrective actions.
- Provides technical leadership and participates the implementation of capital projects within manufacturing facilities in BMAP.
- Leads technical process and product training efforts within BMAP.
- Promotes networking and communication between the plants, BMG US.
- Introduces new processes, products and techniques to production line for start-up or revised product.
- Other related work assigned by his manager and the company from time to time.
- Ensure all product transfers and new product introductions are robust and capable.
- Develop new product and packaging specifications.
- Design and communicate clear, measurable process and product performance expectations.
- Develop F.M.E.A. documentation.
- Establish process and product specifications to meet Customers Fitness for Use Criteria.
- Customer FFU
- Net Efficiency (NE)
- Cost / Kg
- Customer Satisfaction
LOCATION OF ASSIGNMENTS:
The graduate in Early Career Program – Operations is placed in a full-time assignment as an Professional at Owens Corning Yuhang Plant in the Yuhang Economy District of Hangzhou, Zhejiang China. Other sites in China may be available for business need in the future.