Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Trade Compliance and Process Excellence ManagerJob ID 54018
The job holder has responsibility for supporting both CSB and BM business, including 11 plants and 3 SSA in China. The scope of the role will be leading an effective compliance program that enable global trade and effective controls for Owens Corning as well as executing supply chain process excellence projects.
In trade & compliance field, he/she will collaborate with business leaders and professional in various organizations including supply chain internally, sourcing, legal and finance to ensure regulatory compliance and drive effective process to make the customs clearance smooth & compliance. The position will support CSB, BM, Interwrap and PCY for trade & compliance issues. In addition, the individual plays a role in working together with business team, planning team & operation team to optimize the working process. And he/she has the accountabilities to execute best practices across OC network in partnership with global/regional logistics COE team.
Reports to: China Logistic COE leader
Living the Safety stand and adhering to the safety responsibilities
- Fully understand and strictly follow with Owens Corning’s stand on safety throughout the logistics organization.
- Create an overall culture of safety in the central logistics team.
Leading import & export Trade Compliance
- Develop and lead trade compliance policy and strategy for CSB CN, BM CN, interwrap and PCY.
- Seek value creation through tariff strategies, duty drawback, free trade agreements, other trade programs and maximizing efficiency of transacting international business
- Advise and support businesses, suppliers and customers on import and export compliance matters
- Work closely with sourcing, operation, planning team to optimize the import & export strategy & working process to make the brokerage service smooth as well as compliant.
- Work closely with sourcing team on new chemical registration and work together with operation team about chemical import & export regulation preview and preparing, obtaining and maintaining required documentation for import and export tractions. (i.e. MSDS, FTA certificates of origin, import/export license, etc.)
- Monitor all trade policies and regulations and be the interface with government authorities and firms for the interpretation of OC practices
- Partner with supply chain and plant finance team to ensure activities are fully in compliance with statutory regulations and policies
- Drive compliance solutions for all deviated declaration cases and steer the corrective implementations
- Lead self- disclosure, customs audits and investigations by working with legal, supply chain, finance and other functions
- Generate performance metrics for import and export processes.
- Develop and implement training and certification programs for employees on import and export compliance requirements
- Lead internal audits to evaluate effectiveness of trade compliance internal controls
- Regular review HS code and ensure compliance
Leading Process Excellence
- Continuously monitor work methods, flows and processes in order to identify appropriate actions resulting in qualitative or quantitative improvements leading to enhanced service and product delivery
- Define KPIs to drive and regularly monitor progress in process improvement
- Optimize process and trouble-shooting for 3 SSA and 11 plants on logistics issues, such as delivery, inventory management and order management, etc.
- Work closely with other regional and global COE team to share best practice and develop regional/global standards, processes and metrics.
- Act as focal points with global logistic COE team
- Bachelor’s degree required- Logistics or Supply Chain preferred
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in import & export trade compliance and operations, trade process improvement projects, etc.
- Strong knowledge and expertise on continuous logistic process improvement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong business acumen
- Strong strategy thinking capability
- Knows how to communicate effectively to employees at all level of the organization
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to effectively work independently
- Manages time well – prioritizes effectively
- Focused on delivering strong results and goal oriented
- Patient, good listener
- Values diversity
- High integrity to ensure compliance
- Strong capability in initialing and driving change initiatives for continuous improvement as well as breakthrough