Houston, Texas, United States
Utility 1 Building GroundsJob ID 54091
Utility – Buildings and Grounds
Job Title: Utility – Buildings and Grounds
Reports to: Production Supervisor; Operations Leader
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The utility - buildings and grounds position is an hourly position, and reports to the Production Leader and/or Plant Leader. The employee is responsible for maintaining the general cleanliness of the Roofing production facilities and maintain the outside grounds.
Plant and Environmental Safety
- Comply with safety regulations and all plant rules
- Complete 8+ hour safety orientation and testing before beginning work
- Handle all safety issues and conflict directly, honestly, and professionally
- Inspect vehicles before use and throughout shift
- Demonstrate good housekeeping in work area(s) and throughout the plant
- Participate on safety teams
Buildings and Grounds
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness of exterior/interior work areas
- Cleaning building floors by sweeping and mopping
- Notify Leadership of issues or possible repairs
- Communicate supply needs to MRO Buyer
- Maintain buildings, attachments, and grounds
- Lawn and yard maintenance – maintenance of outside areas of the plant
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated desire to impact safety
- Working independently or in a team atmosphere with minimal direct supervision
- Mechanical aptitude is a plus
- Able to accurately read measurements (tape measures, scales, gauges, etc.)
- Has a very high attention to detail
- Demonstrated the ability to multi-task
- Basic mathematical calculations
- Work independently maintaining a fast, yet safe, pace of operation
- Adaptable to change
- Follow the Lock/Tag/Try (LTT) procedures at all times
- Able to effectively communicate (read, write, speak, understand) English
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Operate basic computer instruments (keyboard, mouse, monitor, etc.)
- Basic computer skills such as MS Office and Outlook
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Manufacturing experience is a plus
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work independently maintaining a fast, yet safe, pace of operation.
- Exposure to dust/dirt/fumes
- Climbing ladders
- Ability to work outside in environmental climate
- Industrial manufacturing environment with temperature variation
- Exposure to temperature extremes
- Exposure to sounds or noise levels that maybe uncomfortable (hearing protection is provided; Exposure to dust/dirt and fiberglass
- required in certain areas of the plant)
- Ability to distinguish colors and shading
- Ability to become certified to operate a lawnmower/weed eater, forklift, sweeper, scrubber, and other PIVs
- Prolonged sitting, standing, or walking for 8 – 12 hour shifts
- Bending and twisting; repetitive movements
- Be able to climb up to three floors or stairs, use full upper body movement for process; stand up to 12 hours with breaks.
- Use full upper body movement
- Safeguard self with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - steel-toed shoes, eye protection (glasses, goggles, and/or facemask) hearing protection and long sleeved shirt (with shirt tail tucked in) as necessary for task.
- Use cleaning equipment or tools as necessary for housekeeping duties in accordance with all safety rules.
- Stack and rework seconds (lift up to 40 lbs)
- Handle, control, feed, or feel objects, tools or product
- Rotating work shifts
- Must be able to work flexible shift schedules
- Mandatory overtime as required
- Regular attendance, timeliness, and scheduling flexibility are required
- Mandatory overtime as required
It is a requirement to be a U.S. citizen OR have valid proof of authorization to work in the United States.
Must complete and pass a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and confidential medical review.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.