Irving, Texas, United States
Maintenance Planning SupervisorJob ID 54127
Location: Irving, Texas -United States
The responsibility of the RWP Planning Supervisor is to oversee the Planning functions within the maintenance department and to improve workforce productivity and quality by eliminating waste in time, parts, cost, and machine breakdowns. Planning is responsible for delivering improved safety, quality, and performance in the execution of maintenance planning and in plant related activities. Additionally, it is the responsibility of the RWP Planning Supervisor to see that the plant and Maintenance Planners are successful.
This position reports to the Maintenance Leader of the facility.
1. Live and adhere to the Safety Culture of Zero Accidents, and ensure plant safety needs are given top priority in the planning process.
2. Maintains a close working relationship with Operations, Stores, Engineering, other Planners, Maintenance Leaders/Supervisors, Maintenance Technicians and general plant personnel.
3. Review plant calendar for items impacting planning initiatives, while also insuring plans are in place for extended outages and project work.
4. Communicate and demonstrate support of the RWP process by attending meetings and auditing the Process (Monthly Review).
5. Lead maintenance department though an annual internal RWP audit.
6. Ensure Planners are available and assigned to scope future workorders and support the Craftsmen on their downday.
7. Ensure Planner roles are filled timely and that they are meeting the expectations of RWP.
8. Ensure 52wk scheduling plans are in place to ensure balanced PM’s throughout the year
9. Data mining of plant downtime/slowtime reports and M3’s to enhance maintenance PM’s.
10. Ensure 100% execution on all ESPM’s and ensure Maintenance Leader is made aware in advance of all Contractor Related PM’s and costing.
11. Overseer of plant blueprints, drawings, instructional manuals and special procedures, as needed from files or other sources; including management and 5s of Irving Print Room.
12. Support plant TPM initiatives and ensure TPM related tags are processed and tracked in SAP.
13. Responsible for development and support of the Asphalt Plant planning and SAP development.
14. Lead based on Planning Metrics such as:
A. Planning Backlog
B. Planning Efficiency
C. # of Job Packages Per Week
D. Planner Feedback Forms
E. Parts Not Kitted
F. Schedule Compliance
G. Workorder Completion Rate
H. ESPM Completion Rate
1. Responsible for Maintenance Deliverables on all Capital Projects (Obsolesces, BOM Updates, Spare Parts, & PM Revisions).
2. Ensure planners facilitate and are prepared for the Daily Approval Meeting (DAM) and that notifications are converted into workorders timely.
3. Ensure review of each work request to see that it has been submitted according to established RWP and plant guidelines
4. Verify planning estimates on PM’s and scheduled work for correct number of resources and hours required.
5. Ensure the quality of job plans and job packages, that they are providing the right level of detail and add value for the Craftsman
6. Ensure planners add any additional necessary sketches, diagrams, pictures, etc., to clarify the intent of the work request.
7. Ensure planners are partnering with Craftsmen to update PM’s based on feedback and equipment failures.
8. Responsible for creating and overseeing new PM’s and revising existing.
9. Ensure planners process job feedback forms to continuously to improve the Planning Process.
10. Ensure planners are prepared for Weekly scheduling meeting by ensuring review prior to meeting; verify manpower, production and shutdown schedule, contractor availability and workorder kits.
11. Ensure planners follow RWP notification and job closeout responsibilities.
12. Serve as planner and point of contact between AMS and Plant on all Break-In (032) related request.
13. Weekly review of all planner and workorder buckets to ensure jobs are allocated to correct bucket and revision code. Also, review all skipped work to ensure it is placed back in appropriate bucket.
14. Prepare TPM graphs and tables upon request.
15. Serve as primary backup for Planner and Advanced Maintenance Specialist (AMS)
• Must be computer literate
• Must know ins and outs of the plant CMMS
• Must have strong communications skills
• Report writing and oral discussion
• Experienced in maintenance craft skills
• Possess strong planning, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Strong work ethic
• Sound leadership skills & risk management
• Self-starter, motivated and goal oriented
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• 3-5 years manufacturing experience in a reliability role
• Expert in planned maintenance techniques (RWP, SAP, etc.)
• Microsoft Office capability
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of the work processes and procedures on production lines; technical acumen
• Demonstrate success utilizing continuous improvement tools
• Leadership skills – including ability to work well as part of a team and within a matrixed organization, strong verbal and written communication skills and good listening and comprehension skills