Jackson, Tennessee, United States
Batch/Furnace Engineering LeadJob ID 54357
A key member of the OC Technical talent pipeline, the successful candidate will demonstrate solid plant manufacturing experience along with the capacity to operate with multi-process focus. This Batch/Furnace Engineering Lead position is intended to prepare the incumbent for promotional or expanded Technical roles within the company; relocation in the future is a necessity.
The Jackson Batch/Furnace Engineering Lead position will have specific responsibility for the Batch and Furnace processes at the Jackson site. This includes: process optimization, TPM deployment, and connection to serve the production customer in a zero-waste environment; as well as direct supervision of the Batch daylight technician. Success to be measured through ready to serve process, successful glass chemistry and reduction of waste caused by loss in process areas, as well as growth and development of the Batch daylight technician and Furnace Development Program participant.
Reports to: Technical Leader
Span of Control: This position will manage 2 Direct Reports (1 Engineering Technician, 1 Furnace Development Program participant)
SHE (Safety, Health and Environment)
- Provide a safe and secure work environment for all employees, contractors and visitors in conjunction with the OC Safety vision
- Ensures a clear and effective measurement system is followed and used to drive results; rewards and celebrates safe behavior and achievements; ensures accountability
- Lead proactive safe behavior and participation of operators in site Safety programs: Hazard ID, Behavioral Based Safety Observations, AWH (Accidents waiting to happen), Safety yellow tag process, JHA(Job Hazard Analysis) preparation and other tools to identify risk and work toward elimination to drive zero injury culture
- Leads necessary area Safety training associated with OSHA, DHEC, OC and other governmental agencies and/or regulations
FI/QM (Focused Improvement & Quality Maintenance)
- Sustain and develop database approach through Focused improvement pillar
- Monitor, predict and adjust key performance metrics and key activity metrics for Furnace and Batch areas
- Maintain and sustain OMS system
- Optimize energy cost for furnace operations, furnace pull
- Drive consistency to Batch Raw Material quality through stable operations support
- Develop loss tree and drive improvement to waste elimination
AM/PM (Autonomous Maintenance/Planned Maintenance)
- Support AM/PM activities through necessary TPM Training and Development pillar commitments, skills matrix development for area operators. Close skill gap year over year
- Responsible for all Furnace related proactive decisions: electrode push, viscosity changes, temperature profiles, FH interaction, etc.
- Develop area specific standard work and train the operators
- Participate in AM deployment and site Master plan attainment
- Actively train all area personnel in TPM tools (AM, PM, FI) such as A3, Ishikawa, CILT provisional checks, PM criticality matrix
- Drive process upset elimination using Maintenance prevention methods
- Deliver on time quality from batch house to furnace 100%
EM (Early Management)
- Identify key opportunities for single point failures, mitigate risk
- Prepare for future rebuilds, commissioning new area equipment and associate training for Batch and Furnace
- Plan and execute verticals startup for batch and furnace areas
- Bachelor’s Degree: Engineering Field
- Relocation in pursuit of growth opportunities within OC network is a must, special focus to Granville and other US manufacturing facilities
- Minimum 2-5 years glass melting experience
- Experience leading a direct team
- Experience in TPM deployment preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strategy: Ability to create, implement and communicate tactics for execution, enabling strategy attainment
- Safety: Engages and cares for others, promoting safety as a condition of employment
- Growth: Encompasses skills necessary of growth capability: ideation, evaluation, & action
- Self-Development: Desire to continuously learn, ability to tie area tasks to site strategy and aspiration to follow career progression through manufacturing Technical Leader career path or Granville Science & Technology
- OC Values: Self-awareness and connection to: Innovation, Sharing, Fun, Respect, Candor, Accountability
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.