Jackson, Tennessee, United States
Production TechnicianJob ID 55045
The Sliver Core position is an hourly position that reports to the Team Coach and Operations Leader. The employee is responsible for operating a continuous glass forming process by insuring proper operation of bushing and choppers, including monitoring and responding to breakout conditions. The employee must have a commitment to safety, good housekeeping and environment regulations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Insure proper operations of the bushing and choppers (including monitoring and responsible to breakout conditions).
- Maintain knowledge of the glass forming systems.
- Conduct inspections of the chopping systems every 15 minutes.
- Maintain housekeeping in and around the forming process areas.
- Conduct none essential tasks as needed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employee of organization.
- Ability to add subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent; and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Operate a computer or other keyboard instrument.
- Perform, word processing, excel and email
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Or one to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
To perform the essential functions of this job, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee should possess the ability to:
- While performing the duties of this job be frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts
- While performing the duties of this job be frequently exposed to heat and radiation.
- While performing the duties of this job be regularly exposed to wet area.
- Be exposed to an environment where the noise level is loud.
- Be able to work regular attendance on site.
- Work 12 hour rotating shifts.
- Lift up to 60 lbs.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.