Jackson, Tennessee, United States
Senior HR Professional - Jackson plantJob ID 57770
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Human Resources Generalist for the Jackson Plant provides functional expertise and leadership supporting one or more departments within our facility of ~185 Employees. Specifically, accountable for executing people related strategies that elevate the talent and capability of the teams within the facility.
This individual will be a key member of the salaried Leadership Team and provide human resources functional leadership to ensure a highly engaged work force driving business results.
Reports to: Jackson HR Leader
Developing and Executing HR Strategies - This role contributes to the development of Human Resources and T&D Strategies, is accountable for implementing plans that elevate the talent capability of the supported organizations and improves organizational results by measuring performance. Can effectively diagnose root cause and implementing innovative solutions.
- Performs as the TPM Training and Development Co-Pillar Leader at the site responsible for the execution of TPM progress through: Skills Matrices, loss analysis, and Training Center improvements.
- Improves organizational results by measuring and assessing performance, diagnosing opportunities and implementing solutions.
- Contributes to general business strategy discussions outside of the HR arena.
- Provides insight into resources and investments required to achieve the talent needs of the business, focusing on work design, organizational structure and people requirements.
- Is a backup to HR admin to support on recruitment and payroll administrative actions.
- Acts as a role model for employees’ growth, development and fair treatment.
- Leads employee relations initiatives within departments they support. This includes working with site Leadership to ensure consistent execution of company policy and practices and compliance with all statutory regulations as required, to avoid litigation.
- Develops a reputation and operates as a trusted advisor and business partner to the business and functional leaders, functioning as the expert on people and organizational issues.
- Develops, implements and leads best in class employee relation initiatives, always maintaining a pulse on the organization
- Leverages analytics to provide insights and drive action proactively within the plant
- Leads hiring, onboarding and training practices within the plant
Leading and Developing Talent: Leads, coaches and teaches leaders to create an environment where talent is developed through effective coaching, performance management and talent evaluation. Fills open positions with speed, with fully capable talent, using the appropriate mix of internal promotions and external recruitment to meet the needs of the organization. Leverages and maximizes all tools, technology and resources to develop talent; including, OC Centers of Excellence and functional business team members.
- Performs recruitment activities for hourly roles.
- Supports engagement programs to ensure every person is engaged, starting with safety.
- Partner with local technical college or other local resources to build relevant training programs to ensure a highly skilled technical workforce.
- Knows, coaches, evaluates and teaches OC Leadership Capabilities to the business / functional areas.
- Partners with functional leaders to develop and deliver key communications to engage employees.
- Inspires teamwork across staff functions and other business groups to maximize the performance of Owens Corning and the development of people. Communicates business / function strategy and performance to external customers effectively and engages them in the vision of the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources management, business or a related field.
- 2+ years of progressive HR experience required, including plant HR experience.
- Proven track record of success in driving engaged organization by leading HR strategies.
- Proven track record of success in serving as a business partner to other business leaders and driving strong business results.
- Ability to interact with Employees across all levels of the organization.
- Proven track record driving positive employee relations.
- Manufacturing mindset and previous plant experience is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Change Agent: Effectively leads change, action and results. Experienced in leading initiatives through periods of significant change. Capable of executing highly innovative HR programs that help to take the business to the next level of success. Experience in building a high-performance culture that balances results orientation with caring for the individual.
- Business Acumen: Demonstrates understanding of the financials and metrics of the business.
- HR Expertise: Current knowledge of best practice for human resources processes, tools including the areas of performance management, compensation, recruiting, talent development and succession management, labor and employee relations for the ownership and implementation by leaders.
- Communication skills: (written and oral) to effectively communicate with people across all levels of the organization.
- Coaching skills: Partners with others to assess a situation, create action plans and provide ongoing support to drive increased performance.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2020 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 66 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.