Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Assistant Operator TADJob ID 53877
The Assistant Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient material handling and transfers within the plant in addition to some production tasks. This position may be assigned a rotating shift environment or a fixed shift (8 - 12 hrs).
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct safety tasks as required and operate within safety guidelines as established for the plant.
- Sustain high levels of product quality, with a target of zero quality defects or complaints.
- Material handling tasks may include operating a bobcat or forklift.
- Completion of paperwork for all transfers.
- Maintain plant housekeeping expectations.
- Routine duties include aligning valves and planning material movements in conjunction with the Asphalt Plant Operator.
- Ability to read tables and charts
- Basic mechanical skills and an understanding of valves, pressures and flows
- Basic mathematics skills & computer knowledge
- Three (3) – five (5) years work experience in manufacturing, industrial, or related environment required.
- The position requires frequent standing, walking, reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping, kneeling, bending, climbing, visual acuity, hand dexterity, and routine lifting up to 40lbs.
- The ability to work in elevated positions.
- Up to 75% of the work is outdoors.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.