Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Assistant Operator TADJob ID 54311
The Assistant Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient material handling and transfers within the plant in addition to some production tasks. This position may be assigned a rotating shift environment or a fixed shift (8 - 12 hrs).
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct safety tasks as required and operate within safety guidelines as established for the plant.
- Sustain high levels of product quality, with a target of zero quality defects or complaints.
- Material handling tasks may include operating a bobcat or forklift.
- Completion of paperwork for all transfers.
- Maintain plant housekeeping expectations.
- Routine duties include aligning valves and planning material movements in conjunction with the Asphalt Plant Operator.
- Ability to read tables and charts
- Basic mechanical skills and an understanding of valves, pressures and flows
- Basic mathematics skills & computer knowledge
- Three (3) – five (5) years work experience in manufacturing, industrial, or related environment required.
- The position requires frequent standing, walking, reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping, kneeling, bending, climbing, visual acuity, hand dexterity, and routine lifting up to 40lbs.
- The ability to work in elevated positions.
- Up to 75% of the work is outdoors.