Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Electro Mechanical TechnicianJob ID 54084
The Electro Mechanical Technician (EMT) performs both mechanical and electrical maintenance duties including: pipe fitting, welding, machining, hydraulics, instrumentation, working with sheet metal, replacing, repairing, and cleaning systems, equipment, and/or component parts.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 75% of time spent performing industrial facilities mechanical duties as necessary – pipe fitting, welding, machining, hydraulics and working with sheet metal.
- 25% of time spent performing industrial facilities electrical duties such as instrumentation, replacing, repairing and cleaning systems, equipment and/or component parts and basic electric work.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area
- All other job classification relative duties as assigned or needed
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Properly use hand and shop tools (ex. mechanic tools, welding tools etc).
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with others.
- Good trouble shooting skills in mechanical and electrical areas.
- Familiar with HMIs, PLCs, and Servos.
- Be able to read and write mechanical and electrical blueprints
- Provide valid proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
- Ability to pass maintenance skill test.
- The position requires standing, walking, reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping, kneeling, bending, climbing, visual acuity, hand dexterity, and routine lifting up to 40lbs. The ability to work in hot/cold warehouse environment.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.