Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Electro Mechanical TechnicianJob ID 54698
The Electro Mechanical Technician (EMT) performs both mechanical and electrical maintenance duties including: pipe fitting, welding, machining, hydraulics, instrumentation, working with sheet metal, replacing, repairing, and cleaning systems, equipment, and/or component parts.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 75% of time spent performing industrial facilities mechanical duties as necessary – pipe fitting, welding, machining, hydraulics and working with sheet metal.
- 25% of time spent performing industrial facilities electrical duties such as instrumentation, replacing, repairing and cleaning systems, equipment and/or component parts and basic electric work.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area
- All other job classification relative duties as assigned or needed
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Properly use hand and shop tools (ex. mechanic tools, welding tools etc).
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with others.
- Good trouble shooting skills in mechanical and electrical areas.
- Familiar with HMIs, PLCs, and Servos.
- Be able to read and write mechanical and electrical blueprints
- Provide valid proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
- Ability to pass maintenance skill test.
- The position requires standing, walking, reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping, kneeling, bending, climbing, visual acuity, hand dexterity, and routine lifting up to 40lbs. The ability to work in hot/cold warehouse environment.