Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Electro Mechanical TechnicianJob ID 54698
The Electro Mechanical Technician (EMT) performs both mechanical and electrical maintenance duties including: pipe fitting, welding, machining, hydraulics, instrumentation, working with sheet metal, replacing, repairing, and cleaning systems, equipment, and/or component parts.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 75% of time spent performing industrial facilities mechanical duties as necessary – pipe fitting, welding, machining, hydraulics and working with sheet metal.
- 25% of time spent performing industrial facilities electrical duties such as instrumentation, replacing, repairing and cleaning systems, equipment and/or component parts and basic electric work.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area
- All other job classification relative duties as assigned or needed
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Properly use hand and shop tools (ex. mechanic tools, welding tools etc).
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with others.
- Good trouble shooting skills in mechanical and electrical areas.
- Familiar with HMIs, PLCs, and Servos.
- Be able to read and write mechanical and electrical blueprints
- Provide valid proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
- Ability to pass maintenance skill test.
- The position requires standing, walking, reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping, kneeling, bending, climbing, visual acuity, hand dexterity, and routine lifting up to 40lbs. The ability to work in hot/cold warehouse environment.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 65 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.