Jacksonville, Florida, United States
UtilityJob ID 54697
Owens Corning, a fortune 500 manufacturing company, is seeking experienced manufacturing personnel for our facility in Jacksonville, FL. We produce roofing shingles for residential customers.
Essential Job Duties:
The Utility position is assigned to a shift team to generally assist with the wrapping,
counting, stacking, and sorting of material that has been made by the backend of
the production line.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Stacks seconds from conveyor to pallets.
- Trains to relieve machine operators as needed.
- Clears catcher jams and mat breaks.
- Cleans damaged shingles from floor, stacks them on pallets and keeps conveyors clear.
- Rewraps bundles that need new wrapping.
- Keeps working area clean throughout the shift.
- Performs other job-related duties as per supervisor’s request.
- Visually inspects production and takes corrective actions. Detects all defects, job changes and splices. Communicates to supervisor and rest of crew.
- Communicates to supervisor and leads any safety issues or problems that need to be addressed on the line.
- Assists in repairing line breaks and lacing up the mat for startups.
- Assists wrapper operator in changing wrapper rolls and making splices when needed.
- Stacks rolls (manually, with assistance) onto pallets.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understanding verbal and written instructions.
- Proficient use of a computer and Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Performing basic mathematical calculations.
- Equipment/mechanical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Read prescribed measuring devices.
Thank you for your interest in Owens Corning and the Jacksonville Roofing & Asphalt Plant.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 65 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.