Jacksonville, Florida, United States
UtilityJob ID 56670
BE PART OF OUR DIFFERENCE:
Owens Corning, global in scope - human in scale. We’re an international company, with solid roots in Jacksonville, Florida, and we’ve got opportunities for a few dynamic people to join our local team.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Competitive compensation, quarterly bonus plan, and a substantial benefits package including insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability/supplemental offerings), 401k (company contribution regardless of employee participation – plus match), liberal paid time off (vacation, personal floating and standard holidays), Employee Assistance Services, Stock Purchase Program – and more.
WHAT YOUR DAY IN THIS ROLE MIGHT INVOLVE AT OC JACKSONVILLE ROOFING PLANT
The primary objective of this position is to provide production and housekeeping support to operations, shipping, and grounds. This is an entry level position that may be required to train and work anywhere in the plant to cover for production absence as needed for plant continuity of operations. Here’s a brief outline of this role…
- Assist production operators throughout the plant as necessary
- Inspect material at the Auto Catcher and determine if first or second quality material.
- Ensure proper disposition of all second’s material in accordance with SOP
- Assist in lace up for start-ups and after mat breaks in the process.
- General housekeeping throughout the plant, shipping department, and grounds
- Operate a forklift to move heavy materials as necessary
- Comply with all plant rules and corporate policies with regard to business conduct
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Regular Attendance
- All other duties as assigned or needed
What makes a successful OC JACKSONVILLE ROOFING team member:
Must haves include…
- High School Diploma or GED and be at least 18 Years Old
- Experience with:
- Properly use tools and housekeeping resources (examples – mop, broom, powered industrial floor scrubber, shovel, pick, paint brush, lawn mower, weed eater, rake, etc.)
- Forklift certification (hands on and written)
- Operate an industrial compactor safely
- Assess and only operate equipment when all guarding and safety devices are in proper working order
- Visually identify and discern first quality vs. second quality finished goods
There are some essential physical requirements specific to our work environment, including being able to:
- Ability to routinely lift up to 40 lbs. without assistance
- Work for up to 12 hours in extreme hot/cold manufacturing environment
- Walk/stand on concrete floors continuously for up to 12 hours
- Routinely ascend and descend stairs and ladders as work area requires
- Work from heights as required
- Safeguard self with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – steel toed shoes, eye protection (glasses, goggles, and/or facemask), bump cap, long sleeves and hearing protection as necessary for task
- Push/drive floor sweeping and cleaning equipment or tools as necessary for housekeeping duties
- Ability to work around all raw materials (Fiberglas mat, coating, back dusting, etc.)
- Ability to rotate and work shift work
Our people and products make the world a better place. Help us accomplish great things in Jacksonville!
WHY OWENS CORNING
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2017 sales of $6.4 billion and employs 19,000 people in 37 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications must be filled out completely-incomplete applications will not be considered. Resumes are welcome, but are not a substitute for completing the application.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2020 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 66 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.