Joplin, Missouri, United States
Maintenance SupervisorJob ID 54797
This position will co-lead the Mechanical Maintenance Operations for the Joplin Plant. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the maintenance process. The Maintenance Supervisor must demonstrate the ability to motivate people and must be viewed as a clear and credible communicator. They must have a passion for safety and be able to foster effective working relationships built upon trust and respect with plant employees and leaders.
Reports to: Mineral Wool Plant Maintenance Leader
Span of Control: 8-10 non-union, hourly Reliability Leads/Technicians
Living the safety stand and adhering to safety responsibilities.
- Implement a personal safety action plan and review with leader
- Ensures a safe work environment through employee coaching and engagement and strict adherence to OC’s safety policies and procedures while conducting environmental and quality activities.
- Leads and supports safety initiatives and processes to drive towards zero recordable injuries
Responsible for all aspects of the Electrical / Mechanical Maintenance Operations.
- Ensures the routine electrical/mechanical maintenance of Plant equipment by:
- Development and execution of Preventive and Predictive Maintenance programs
- Further develop craft training plans and create a continuous learning environment for employees
- Grow the service and quality culture in the department and meet / exceed established goals.
Become a technical resource regarding the insulation manufacturing process, equipment, and protocols.
- Technical knowledge in electrical systems
- Technical knowledge in mechanical drive systems, fluid power systems, mixing systems, data acquisition, etc.
- Identify opportunities for reliability performance and cost improvement
Leading and Developing Talent
- Develops and implement a work environment characterized by mutual trust and respect, open and honest communications, teamwork and a passion for winning.
- Effectively lead and manage change for their workgroup while maintaining high levels of employee engagement.
- Ensure people have the skills and capabilities to be successful.
- Invest in the growth and development of identified high potential talent
- Partners with shift resources and other relevant stakeholders to ensure maintenance personnel is well trained and maintains current on any required certifications to perform the full scope of their job expectations
- Attract, develop and retain the very best talent
Behaves consistently with desired Owens Corning leadership characteristics and competencies
- Works closely with the Production Department in a team-based environment that is designed to manage in a manner that will ensure continuously improving machine performance and employee efficiency.
- Completed High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Discipline or Technology Diploma (Mechanical maintenance) or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years progressive leadership experience in a manufacturing setting
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A minimum of 3 years of industrial manufacturing/maintenance supervisory assignments and experience
- 5 years of work experience in manufacturing, industrial, or related environment.
- Predictive/Preventive Maintenance and Reliability Engineering experiences are highly desired.
- Six Sigma/Lean manufacturing certification is highly desired
- Experience operating heavy industry process equipment is a plus (Coke/Coal fired blast furnaces (Cupola) Air Compressors and distribution, and several process water supply systems).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to make decisions based on facts and / or data including having the basic mathematics and technical skills to analyze data, interpret graphs, and combine related data.
- Ability to lead hourly employees.
- Ability to create and drive change and effectively communicate to all levels in the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as effectively facilitate open two-way communication both within and outside of the organization
- Ability to work both strategically and hands-on.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be highly organized and able to adapt to constantly changing demands and priorities.
- Must be results-oriented with high level of self-direction, initiative and focus on customer satisfaction.
- Able to work closely with the Production Department in a team based environment that is designed to manage in a manner that will ensure continuously improving machine performance and employee efficiency.
- Knowledge of Compressed Air Systems, Underground gas & water systems, and Facilities Maintenance
- Knowledge of Power Systems a plus
- Computer literacy—MRP systems (SAP) and Microsoft Office Suite, Kronos
- Ability to work extended/Flexible hours
- Coach and guide for results
- Leads through safety and corporate vision
- Possesses strong change management skills
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and background
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 65 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.