Joplin, Missouri, United States
Regional Capital Project EngineerJob ID 59228
As the primary expert on delivery of capital projects at the Joplin, MO plant, the Regional Capital Project Engineer will partner with the Joplin team, and occasionally other Insulation manufacturing plants, to lead the installation of capital projects on time, on budget, and with zero injuries to OC employees or contractors. In addition, support the Plant’s Maintenance organization in reliability, design, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Safety – Our employees live injury-free lives
- Productivity Improvement – All lines continually increasing productivity gains
- Product Quality – We provide the best quality to our customers
- Capital – We have the right capital deployed and utilized to achieve manufacturing excellence
- Cost – We are the lowest delivered cost leader
Reports to: Regional Engineering Leader
Span of Control: Projects focus will be at the Joplin plant, but may be in any Insulation manufacturing plant in the Americas. Work of this role impacts key operational results in any facility where projects are lead. Travel up to 30% could be expected.
Provides project management to capital projects to ensure on-time and on-budget completion. (60%)
- Adhere to SAFE and Critical 6 requirements when implementing new processes
- Adhere to all plant and position-specific safety policies, procedures, and standards
- Lead all aspects of multiple projects simultaneously by networking with engineering firms. Activity to include directing scope definition and cost estimates, defining control strategies, directing, and coordinating resources for commissioning and startup.
- Monitor projects for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices.
- Utilize effective project management techniques, such as the SAP project module, to lead projects.
- Ensure all projects are delivered consistent with scope and expectations around operability and cost.
- Use TPM Tools effectively when delivering projects by following the Early Management Pillar processes.
- Manage the plant’s capital plan.
- Manage capital projects up to $1MM+ from start to finish--write capital approval requests, ensure the requested funding is consistent with all project requirements, and execute for on-time, on-budget completion.
- Ensure timing from inception through start-up and commissioning is met in all cases.
Provides leadership and project management on initiatives to improve product quality, equipment uptime, and line utilization. (20%)
- Oversee contract requirements and ensure contractor work is being performed in proper manner.
- Achieve zero injuries in capital projects by ensuring safety through design and in construction and start-up
- Apply sound engineering practices towards the completion of improvement projects.
- Assist the Maintenance and Production Teams with non-capital projects.
- Supports PM Pillar and the Maintenance Department by partnering with the maintenance leader to resolve issues requiring capital funding and or regional support.
Coaches, trains, mentors, and provides leadership to maintenance technicians and supervisors for troubleshooting procedures and resolution to technical problems. (20%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering or closely related field
- 5 years of experience in engineering project management, managing projects small to large ($1MM+)
- Leadership experience in a matrix environment
- Continuous manufacturing experience preferred
- Experience in Maintenance and Reliability a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong mechanical knowledge of machinery
- General understanding of all applicable codes
- Knowledge and experience in project management including writing scope and cost estimates, contractor bid packages, evaluating vendor proposals, and preparing Capital Appropriation Requests for approval
- Strong project leadership skills and able to manage projects through to completion
- Ability to lead change through influence and without having direct line leadership of the team
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills to quickly assess situations, develop appropriate solutions, and manage execution
- Able to utilize data and data collection systems for problem-solving and decision-making to eliminate manufacturing losses and unnecessary costs
- General knowledge of Root Cause Failure Analysis or equivalent process
- Ability to change directions quickly, regarding work type, workload, and schedule
- External perspective and understands that all business opportunities start with knowledge of how to create value for customer
- Strong planning, resourcing, and delegation skills
- Able to achieve results fast both individually and through teams
- Able to utilize OC systems and the necessary software
- Work may include weekends or holidays to minimize production downtimes