Joplin, Missouri, United States
Maintenance TechnicianJob ID 54930
The MaintenanceTechnician role is to perform all equipment and facilities related electrical, mechanical, sheet metal, welding, instrument, and pipe fitting work. This role utilizes process and maintenance knowledge to assist in the planning and performance of all tasks. Participates in teams to develop and implement solutions. The successful candidate must have a passion for safety and be able to foster effective working relationships built upon trust and respect within all level of the organization.
Reports to: The Maintenance Technician is an hourly position reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Follows all Owens Corning safety policies and procedures.
- Know plant Enviornmental Health and Safety goals insure goals are met on a daily basis.
- Assists, trains/coaches employees in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and the repair of machinery and equipment. Assist in the diagnostics.
- Maintain a clean and safe work place.
- Assist in controlling material and labor costs and efficiencies in the department.
- Assist in efforts to control waste, cost reductions, and process improvements.
- Recommend equipment upgrades, replacements, and repair as necessary.
- Must communicate with the team to ensure an effective shift handoff.
- Performs other tasks and duties within scope as necessary to maintain production requirements of the plant. Work assignments will be made at the discretion of the plant leaders.
- Minimum of five (5) years in industrial or equivalent education, maintenance, trade, or occupation that involved electrical or pnumatic machinery and equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a US citizen or have the right to work in the US
- 5 years experience in a related maintenance trade or occupation that involved mechanical maintenance in an industrial manufacturing environment is preferred
- Multi-skilled training is preferred
- Certification/Two year Associates degree in technical related field highly preferred
- Experience operating powered industrial equipment such as forklift, skid steer loader, overhead cranes, and hoists
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Ability to work safely, maintain safe work environment, communicate issues, and take corrective actions
- Must be able to troubleshoot mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical issues
- Solid welding skills
- Machining bores, keyways, drill press, grinding, lathe, and mill operation a plus
- Ability to properly, precision align belt, gear or direct coupled shafts using proper tools to specified tolerances
- Able to read technical prints and standard work documents
- Capable of working without direct supervision and able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must have the ability to train and coach others
- Must be able to secure and maintain job related qualifications and certifications as required by the nature of this position
- Basic computer applications and familiarity of maintenance management systems
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work well in a team environment
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must have ability to do mathematical calculations including arithmetic, algebra, and geometry
- Excellent safety record and attendance record
- Excellent integrity
- Be able to work overtime, weekends/holidays as scheduled and non-routine call-in’s.
- Pass drug screen, pre-employment physical, and acceptable background check prior to employment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Non-Rotating shifts
- Stand for extended prolonged periods
- Work overtime as required
- Meet the physical demands of the work environment
Owens Corning employees take pride in delivering a material difference, we take pride in offering benefits that improve their life and health. We offer a total compesation opportuity that not only rewards extraordinary employees, but helps them to drive impact with our customers, and the world around them. Owens Corning provides a range of comepetitive bnefit options, allowing you to choose based on your individual needs.
Being able to make a difference means having options that fit your lifestyle. That’s why Owens Corning offers a variety of competitive healthcare options to protect you and your dependents from significant health events. These include:
- Medical and prescription drug coverage that allow you to contribute to health savings accounts (HSA) pre-tax.
- Dental coverage (including orthodontia)
- Vision coverage
Building a career that makes a difference means focusing on all aspects of your future. Owens Corning helps you take care of retirement by offering a market-competitive 401(k) savings plan. While you build your nest egg, you can also take part in the long-term success of our company. The Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) provides U.S. employees the opportunity to purchase Owens Corning stock at a 15 percent discount every six month.
Fostering curiosity and building teams that think differently are key to our success. Keeping that spark alive in our employees means ensuring they have time outside of work. So paid vacation and holidays are available to all our employees from their first day of employment. Full-time employees receive vacation time based on total professional tenure.
We all have a life outside of work—and that’s why we’ve put together a range of benefits that help you maintain just the right balance to thrive. After all, your personal success is just as important as your work successes. We offer:
- $50,000 of basic life insurance coverage for all full-time employees
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Access to group universal life insurance, personal accident, critical illness, or hospital indemnity insurance, and identity protection and monitoring insurance
- Adoption and Family Assistance – OC is committed to helping employees in their endeavor to build a family, including financial assistance for adoption and surrogacy
- Flexible work arrangements
- Employee assistance programs (EAP)
- A rebate program that allows employees to receive a rebate of up to $2,000 every four years for purchases of OC’s wide range of products for new construction or home improvement
Owens Corning provides two weeks paid time off for all new parents. This includes both mothers and fathers at the time of birth or the adoption of a child.
Our Healthy Living program empowers our employees by taking a holistic approach to health. Programs and platforms focused on six aspirations (Know your Numbers, Physical Activity, Nutrition, Financial Health, Tobacco-Free, and Healthy Minds) allow employees to engage daily and earn rewards for their investment. Plus, at some locations, there are on-site wellness facilities that help you achieve all your health goals.