Kearny, New Jersey, United States
EHS SpecialistJob ID 54206
The position will work with leadership and plant team members across the site to support a strong proactive safety culture and an effective, efficient, and compliant safety process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies prescribed hazard analysis methodologies to know at-risk conditions.
- Understands and insures compliance with our Lock/Tag/Try system. Respect for the potential hazards within the manufacturing operation. Training and regular auditing of the process.
- Intermediate computer literacy – email, spreadsheets, Word, AspenTech and SAP.
- Maintain the environmental compliance calendar and adhere to all reporting deadlines.
- Leads Lotus Notes verification process monthly on Roofing and Asphalt sides (includes physical records verification, verbal and written confirmations from different involved groups)
- Attend Daily Huddles
- Act as a guide and main point of contact for safety training for outside contractors.
- Leads, maintains and updates safety training package for new hires.
- Update and maintain C6 programs.
- Update and maintain the Hazcom and SDS program. Responsible for uploading new and updated SDS into Actio database.
- Participates and leads in safety and housekeeping programs.
- Leads and implements HPI (Human Performance Improvement) principles in ongoing safety communication on the floor, projects, JHAs, trainings.
- Leads monthly Safety Committee Meetings.
- Be in process of certification for Hazard ID&Control Specialist 2.0
- Submits SAP Notifications for all Safety requests.
- Investigate all safety concerns submitted.
- Leads and maintains LMS training system in both Roofing and Asphalt.
- Completes initial investigations after reported injuries/near misses
- Participates in the EHS network calls.
- Availability to work on different shifts throughout the Month.
- Comply with all plant rules.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- All other duties as assigned or needed.
- Leads audits, investigations, & inspections as required and ensures follow up items are complete
- Leads Safety inspections, reviews, investigations, and determines root cause when necessary
- Assists in TPM implementation and completion of duties assigned
- Proactively leading the Minneapolis team by example in all aspects of safety
- Any other tasks assigned by leader
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Ability to work well in a team or alone
- Able to communicate in English
- Attention to detail
- Effectively communicates with employees and uses creativity when solving problems
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Must be able to operate a computer or other keyboard instrument
- Working knowledge of SAP, Lotus Notes
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- Leadership training
- Must be able to learn the responsibilities of this position
- Leading and facilitating groups
- High School Diploma or GED required, some college strongly preferred
- Leadership training and some mechanical knowledge
- Certified Hazard I D& Recognition specialist
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Able to climb and descend stairs
- Lift and push and pull 50lbs
- Able to do repetitive hand, arm, leg movements
- Must be able to squat, bend at the waist and knees freely
- Exposure to temperature extremes
- Exposure to sounds or noise levels that maybe uncomfortable
- Bending and twisting
- Repetitive Movements
- Handle, control or feel objects, tools or control
Able to climb tanks to read gauges