Kearny, New Jersey, United States
Industrial Maintenance TechnicianJob ID 53880
Location: Kearny, New Jersey - United States
Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
* Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
* Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
* Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
* Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
* Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
* Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
* Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
* Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
* Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
* Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
* Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
* Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
1. Technical degree preferred; HS DIploma or GED required
2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and P&ID drawings
3. Ability to maintain precision measurements
4. Basic computer knowledge and skills
5. Ability to read, write and communicate in English
6. Strong knowledge of LTT, energy control procedures and safe working procedures
7. PLC and AC/DC drive experience
8. Must have experience with fusing, thermal overload protection, wiring size, motor theory, pneumatics, hydraulics, and mechanical gear
9. Must have knowledge of basic electrical code
10. Must be prepared to wear all required company PPE: composite toe shoes, hearing proctections, hard hats, safety glasses.
11. Ability to work weekends, nights and on a 12 hour shift rotation.
12. Ability to work in a hot or cold and outdoor environment
13. Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis