Kearny, New Jersey, United States
UtilityJob ID 53938
The primary objective of this position is to provide production and housekeeping support to operations, shipping, and grounds. This is an entry level manufacturing position.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist production operators throughout the plant as necessary for two (+) person work load.
- Inspect material at the Auto Catcher and determine if first or second quality material.
- Ensure proper disposition of all seconds material in accordance with SOP
- Assist in lace up for start-ups and after mat breaks in the process.
- General housekeeping throughout the plant, shipping department, and grounds
- Operate a forklift to move heavy materials as necessary
- Comply with all plant rules and corporate policies with regard to business conduct
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Assembling and disassembling of production machinery for deep cleaning and inspection
- Learning to operate various machines on the production floor
- Regular Attendance
- All other duties as assigned or needed
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Provide valid authorization to work in the United States
- Properly use tools and housekeeping resources (examples – mop, broom, powered industrial floor scrubber, shovel, pick, paint brush, lawn mower, weed eater, rake, etc.)
- Forklift certification (hands on and written)
- Operate an industrial compactor safely
- Assess and only operate equipment when all guarding and safety devices are in proper working order
- Visually identify and discern first quality vs. second quality finished goods
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Log into and navigate MyOC to access PeopleSoft for paycheck/benefits enrollment information
- Log into and navigate Owens Corning Talent Center Learning and accomplish required online training as required
- May be required to log into and navigate SAP for work notifications
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee must have the following:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Continuing educational credits strongly preferred
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Ability to routinely lift up to 40 lbs without assistance
- Ability to routinely lift up to 80 lbs with assistance
- Work for up to 12 hours in extreme hot/cold manufacturing environment
- Walk/stand on concrete floors continuously for up to 12 hours
- Routinely ascend and descend stairs and ladders as work area requires
- Safeguard self with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – steel toed shoes, eye protection (glasses, goggles, and/or facemask) as necessary for task
- Push/drive floor sweeping and cleaning equipment or tools as necessary for housekeeping duties
Ability to rotate and work shift work
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.