Lansing, Michigan, United States
Senior Project Manager - Capital DeliveryJob ID 54207
R&A Capital Delivery Project Manager is a member of the R&A Capital Delivery Team. The team is accountable for defining and executing capital investment projects in our thirteen Roofing and eleven Asphalt plants.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
Reports to: Roofing Capital Delivery Engineering Leader
Span of Control: No Direct Reports
- Zero injuries to OC employees or contractors as a result of the installations,
- Project utility met (in function)
- On-time project delivery, and on-budget project management
R&A Capital Delivery Project Manager
- Develop project scopes and lead capital projects from inception to commissioning
- Support multi-plant network with troubleshooting, design, maintenance, and loss prevention assistance
- Lead multiple electrical projects simultaneously through networking with engineering firms, including Alliance Partners; run projects as project manager, as well as organizing fellow project managers.
- Develop capital approval requests as necessary; ensure the requested funding is consistent with all project requirements so that approved amount is not exceeded.
Engineering Process Lead
- Ensure compliance with all applicable codes at a local and national level
- Awareness knowledge of NEC (NFPA 70) and NFPA 70E
- Ensure all projects are delivered consistent with scope and expectations around operability and cost.
- Strong knowledge in both controls and power delivery
- Engage in process start –up operation, problem solving skills, active listening, and process improvement
- Lead troubleshooting process issues and developing corrective actions/recommendation
- Apply experience with combustion/environmental emission controls devices
Additional Capital Project Manager Responsibilities
- Experience managing small projects < $1 MM and experiencing with developing Final Design
- Effectively manage multiple project portfolios
- Ability to manage cost control, design, and equipment standards
- Experience with developing/generating rough design (w/ multi-disciplines)
- Clearly define the project scope of work, specification development, bid generation, initial and final bid review
- Apply feasibility studies, for project implementation
- Experience with construction management, including management of contactors (both non-union & union)
Adopt and adhere to the Safety stand safety responsibilities
- Ensures project design and installation have safety woven throughout, in order to produce zero injuries to contractors and plant personnel, throughout start-up and commissioning
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering required. Held previous plant or manufacturing leadership roles.
- 7-10+ years’ experience in Engineering
- 5+ years in project management; small to large $1MM total project cost
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office products
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to direct and collaborate across teams
- Ability to adapt in various working environments(development laboratory or manufacturing plant floor for equipment start-up and commissioning)
- Lead and influence teams as projects scopes change
- Serve as the subject matter expert on selective process improvements
- General understanding of all applicable codes
- Good communication, written and verbal, with all levels, floor level to Senior Management
- PLC5 and ControlLogix programming awareness
- Allen Bradley VFD drives troubleshooting and configuration, Safe Torque off
- Project Management software whether it is Microsoft Project or some other vendor
- Basic knowledge in mechanical and chemical processes
- Instrumentation PID control in temperature, pressure and level.
- Process Communication/Ethernet Communication (Rockwell Stratix)
Up to 60%, and with previous travel experience
Location: within 30 miles of Granville, OH, 50 miles of one of our Owens Corning Roofing Facilities, or 50 miles from a major U.S. airport hub.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.