Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Product and Program Pricing SpecialistJob ID 54154
This role exists to accumulate all raw material and labor costs, constructing die layouts, working with Product Managers to determine sell price point, completing formal quotations to customers, and leading production launch meetings of all changes to existing products as well as the launches of any new products. Additional evaluation work is also an integral function in this position.This would include, but not limited to, marketing evaluations by customer, product, market, and cost-out.
This role interacts with engineering, sales, manufacturing, finance, and product management to ensure quotations reflect accurate data to meet revenue and market strategies generated by OC Appliance Leadership. As such, teamwork, attention to detail, strong analytical skills, ability to build relationships, visit manufacturing facilities, lead cost-out events, and effectively communicate, are vital skills to the success of this role.
Reports to: Cost Analyst Lead
Span of Control: Individual Contributor
Determine process & costs, sets pricing, and provides quote
- Utilize knowledge and internal resources to accurately determine manufacturing process and all costs associated to part production to establish sell price and margin
- Adhere to business process
- Analyze and make recommendations for customer part changes to maximize benefits and processes
Coordinates product launches on all new products and changes to existing products
- Completes appropriate documentation and distributes through product launch meeting or change notice process
- Ensure manufacturing and customer service have all details for successful hand-off
- Act as project leader for larger scale launches requiring new equipment or to accommodate new material or new process
- Customer, market, and/or product analytics are essential to monitor market pricing and to ensure consistency in cost and price. Analyses of various sorts are frequently requested by sales, manufacturing, and product management.
- Cost-out opportunities are driven by this role for areas such as sku reduction (both raw and finished), job runs, part yield, and/or suggestions from others within the organization.
MAPICS Data Steward
- Maintain current bills of material, including yields and routings, current price books, and entry of all new parts into MAPICS
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business or accounting
- At least 3 years of related experience
- Must be willing to travel at least 5% of the time
- Job costing experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Must have previous experience reading and evaluating blueprints
- Strong business and financial acumen with demonstrated analytical ability
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to translate customer volume into financial goals (revenue, EBIT, GM)
- Capable of navigating ERP and reporting systems for use in analysis and reporting (SAP, BI)
- Adherence to business service levels (speed, accuracy, cycle time)
- Fluent in MS Applications (advanced use of Excel)
- Ability to craft and deliver communications across business functions and levels of company
- Demonstrated ability to foster relationships with customer base and key internal stakeholders
- Strong execution of customer service tools (CRM), including the enforcement of all guidelines and SOPs
- Ability to contribute or lead business or customer focused projects with critical timelines and milestones
- Ability to lead detailed Kaizen events on manufacturing floor
- Agent of change in a cross-functional capacity, partnering across teams to deliver business and customer results
- Proven ability to use a rational, systematic series of steps based on sound mathematical procedures and given statements to arrive at a conclusion.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.