The Composite Solutions Business is seeking an Area Sales Manager (ASM) for the Fiberglass Rebar North America Team. The primary accountabilities of the Area Sales Manager position are ensuring customer satisfaction, driving profitable sales growth of fiberglass rebar by increasing placement in 2-step and 1-step distribution, and gaining/maintaining OC market share by creating contractor pull through as well as successfully implementing a distribution strategy for the region to achieve the above. This role be based in the Southeast.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
Reports to: This position reports to the Business Segment Leader, Flatwork Rebar
- The ASM will successfully seek out new accounts, grow current accounts, and convert targeted accounts.. Eighty percent of the ASM’s time is expected in to be in front of customers and distribution partners, as a result travel is a direct function of the role and where the ASM should be located within the territory
- This position will require building strong relationships with all customers and will be responsible for achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction and transactional excellence within the region. Managing perceived channel conflict well will be one of the keys to success.
- The ASM is supported by and works closely together with OC support partners (Customer Service, Customer Financial Services, Technical organizations, planning, etc.)
- For specific designated accounts, the ASM provides input to and works together with the Sales Leader in defining an integrated strategy for that account.
- The ASM will be responsible for creating and implementing a sales strategy for the territory. The strategy will focus on growing OC’s profitable share with distribution partners and direct accounts.
- The ASM will be responsible to capture the necessary market intelligence/forecasting data and communicate to the OC organization. This individual must possess strong business acumen and analytics as well as have strong planning and organizing skills.
- The ASM is a member of the Infrastructure Solutions organization and is expected to be a strong team player, excellent communicator and provide a positive impact to our fun, dynamic and successful team.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three to five years of demonstrated ability to deliver results in a previous industrial sales role is required;
- Proven track record of selling the value of an organization to the customer
- Selling experience with distribution partners is preferred, especially 2-step and 1-step distribution in Concrete Supply and Lumber Building Materials categories. Knowledge of steel rebar sales is plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Applied business analysis skills
- Demonstrated problem solving experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement a sales strategy
- Applied financial knowledge required
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to develop an intimate knowledge of customers, competition, and the market
- Ability to travel up to 70%