Taloja District, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, India
Engineering LeadJob ID 54181
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures, and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years.
Owens Corning operates in three segments: Insulation, Roofing, and Composites. Our Insulation and Roofing businesses make new and existing homes and buildings more energy efficient, comfortable, and attractive. Our Composites business manufactures products from fiberglass reinforcements to meet diverse needs in diverse markets. We produce these solutions in ways that keep our people safe and help sustain our local communities for future generations. One Safe Company Safety has been an important part of the Owens Corning vocabulary since the company was founded. Our commitment to safety is unconditional and safety is a condition of employment. We believe that all accidents are preventable, and we have a clear goal to achieve zero injuries. While we express our safety performance in numbers, we know that it is really about the well-being of our people and those that we touch. Additional information is available at www.owenscorning.com
With its corporate office at Powai, Mumbai. Owens Corning (I) has 3 manufacturing facilities in India.
- Taloja Site, serves customer in Composite segment. The state of art manufacturing caters to multiple local /oversea customer through varied type of fiber glass products. Taloja cohabits technical fabrics plant, serving customer globally in wind segment. Taloja site is bestowed with multiple laurels for its accomplishment in Safety, Energy conversation, TPM practice from various industry forum and government bodies.
- OC Silvassa , two manufacturing plants are located in close distance ( Dapada and Sayli) serving customer in our Roofing segment. This EOU manufactures coated woven fabrics, building and construction materials, industrial fabrics, and lumber and metal
Reliability & Projects Manager is part of the Plant Maintenance dept. He will be responsible for ensuring the Reliability of Plant Assets & the flawless planning & execution of multi-disciplinary Projects to achieve Time, Quality & Cost Standards. He will be required to be vigilant for the Safety requirements, ensuring Reliable management of the equipment including TPM methodology & implementation, in depth analysis of failures, suggest improvements to enhance the equipment operating life, implementation of the best practices, TPM, etc.; Project scope & technicalities and cash flow, co-ordination with respective departments, timely updating & Projects reporting. He will be the key person accountable to handle the entire plant Reliability & Projects independently.
Reporting: The position reports to Leader -Maintenance & Capital Projects.
- He should be aware of the operations/maintenance of all Plant & Utility equipment including Furnace & Ovens, conveyors, Pumps, Heat Exchangers, HVAC systems (cooling towers, chillers, dehumidifiers, etc.), air compressors, AHU’s, Diesel Generating sets, DM plant, Boilers, etc. & learn quickly on equipment specific to Glass Fibre Industry.
- Identify & manage asset reliability risks.
- Utilize engineering practices to drive out sources of repetitive failure in equipment and processes.
- Analyze & implement Predictive, Preventive maintenance & Breakdown maintenance, planning & execution.
- Projects – Scope including safety & reliability design considerations, Estimation, prepare Capex proposals, planning, use of engineering standards & codes, Quality Assurance & Inspection, scheduling & monitoring, cash flow & management, reporting, erection engineering & execution, commissioning, vendor/contractor management, compliance to Statutory & Legal requirements, OC standards & guidelines, etc.
- Application of TPM & Reliability techniques to modification of existing Assets and systems to enhance equipment life, new Capital Projects, etc.
- Safety & Statutory compliance.
- Fault diagnosis & rectification, technical skills for sound, cost effective & quality repairs/ overhauling with precision, Problem solving and troubleshooting of plant equipment, monitoring. Conduct and develop various analytical methods for determining reliability of components, equipment and processes. Provide analysis of the data to include preparation of charts, diagrams, drawings, calculations and reports which define reliability problems and make recommendations for improvements. The level of reliability required for a particular asset will consider the criticality ranking, the economic limitations for equipment up/down time, repair/replacement costs, availability of materials/equipment, optimized spares inventory, etc. Develop plans to reduce or eliminate production losses and abnormally high maintenance cost assets and execute or follows the execution of that plan intended to drive improved availability. Root cause failure analysis & recommendations.
- Partner with Operations & Maintenance to define, develop, monitor and refine the Preventative/Predictive Maintenance program & asset maintenance strategies. Responsible for Equipment Criticality ranking upkeep. Co-ordinate with plant & external agency for predictive, routine maintenance, preventive maintenance and shutdown maintenance in a planned manner & prioritization.
TPM practices & implementation.
- Projects: Technical scope, Preparation of cost estimates & capex proposals, engineering specifications, enquiry documents, technical evaluation of bids, planning, Erection, commissioning and startup of Capital projects / Plant modification jobs, etc. Evaluate bidder’s technical submittals, prepare recommendations and respond to technical queries and clarification. Co-ordination with Consultants, Vendors & Contract management; Indenting and inspection, Project & Safety Risk analysis & mitigation, resource planning & cost management, ensuring complete documentation/ records; timely interim & final project closures as necessitated.
- Ensure compliance with Company’s ISO procedures.
- ERP (SAP) usages and control.
To work with Team (2 nos.) of Reliability & Projects & support & Coach a team of engineers for carrying out various types of operations & maintenance.
Qualification: Bachelor in Engineering (Mechanical), working in continuous manufacturing process industry.
Experience: Work experience of at least 10~12 + years, should be independently working in role for last five years, MNC preferably.
Technical Skills required/ Special Knowledge Areas:-
- Good Engineering Practices
- Ability to verify & confirm technical specifications of entire spectrum of equipment/spares, able to modify the specifications as & when needed.
- Read Engg. Drawings, P& ID’s.
- Hands on experience with Static and rotating equipment such as pumps (single & multistage), compressors, blowers, diesel engines, agitators, reactors, heat exchangers, boilers, furnaces & ovens, cooling towers, other Utilities, material handling & hydraulic systems, fire protection system, pipelines, structures, alignment, etc.
- Predictive maintenance philosophy with exposure to model tools & gadgets.
- Performance evaluation of equipment/ systems.
- Well conversant with Root Cause Analysis (RCA/ RCFA), Equipment Criticality Ranking (ECR) & Condition based monitoring technologies like Vibration monitoring, Thermography, Infrared, Ultra Sound, Motor Circuit Analysis, etc.
- Excellent Project Management skills including use of MS Project, etc.
- Use of Engineering Standards and Codes viz. IBR, ASME, API, TEMA, BS/ EN, DIN, BIS, Civil Engg. Codes, etc.
- Aware of Fabrication & Welding, NDT methods, Generate/ review QAP’s.
- Exposure to ISO 9000, ISO 14000 and OHSAS 18000 systems.
- Thorough exposure on Safe work practices i.e. work permits, reporting of work completion & safety.
Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Strong Intellect - Bright individual, with ability to combine analytical reasoning, creativity and judgment. Quick study, able to handle complex matters, with multiple initiatives going on simultaneously
- Highly Ethical - Can be trusted to do only the “right thing” for the employees, shareholders, enjoys working hands-on and with others. Follows a balanced approach without compromising integrity.
- Analysis and decision-making attitude.
- Puts needs of the business ahead of him/herself. Operates in a transparent way without a personal agenda.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Initiative - Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Flexibility & Adaptability, Team work, Cost conscious, Proactive. Drive for Results. Ability to influence without authority.
- Lead with a sense of purpose.
- High Stress Tolerance