Taloja District, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, India
Operation Engineer - Type 30 Forming WinderJob ID 53662
Ops Engineer - Forming - Advantex Glass
Owens Corning (I) -Taloja is key strategic site catering to India and other regional customers. The facility is expanded as part Growth Strategy and will be operational with expanded footprint with new second furnace.
Taloja will be multiproduct facility with product range of T30, CSM, MER & DUCs with Advantex and H Glass.
Operation Engineer is shift role. Incumbent will be working in manufacturing process. He/she will be responsible for ensuring key deliverable as per set production target with strong reliance on safe work practice and quality adherence. OE will work in Self-directed team understanding his /her role. He/she will be responsible of own safety, men and machine safe operation in his group. Practice 5S at workstation .Will be responsible for product safety and quality, knows what precautions are necessary, adheres to the outlined work parameters. Should actively participate and contribute on productivity improvements through TPM programs
- Work in-group to achieve individual and group production targets.
- Understand Measure of Performance ( MOP ) and contribute to achieve the goals
- Understand Goal Achievement plan( GAP ) matrices and contribute to achieve the goals
- Understand Owens Corning –Safety programs and practice it at works
- Do task safety analysis as and when required for equipment assigned.
- Reviews job requirements and performs setup activities (with help when required) as specified on the Standard Operating procedures ,appropriate “machine” work instruction
- Ensures machine guards and all other safety devices are in place.
- Reports any unsafe act, condition, accident or injury immediately to leader (s). Understands and follows the safety procedure.
- Adheres to Standard Operating procedures (SOPs )
- Adhere to operating norm and completes Quality check reviews as outlined
- Inspects products to ensure they meet specified requirements.
- Ensures product is identified using a label/in-process tag or packaging label depending on the status of the product.
- Recognizes non-conforming product must be segregated into non-conforming area.
- Documents run time and updates with issues that affected production.
- Aware of activities in working surroundings and is responsible for keeping the area clean, tidy and safe.
- Integrates with upstream /downstream production team to ensure on time material availability to next stage material handler/receiving forklift operator, verifying material delivered is correct.
- Attends training, seminars and meetings as required.
- Practice TPMs tools for problem solving ,tagging ,5S and other aspect
- Actively participate in cleaning with meaning drives ,Acquires skill for Autonomous maintenance
- Maintains work punctuality and attendance. Adhere to shop floor discipline
- Qualification : Diploma engineer or Science Graduate
Diploma Streams : (Mechanical, Chemical, Plastic, Rubber, Aviation, Textile, Petrochemical)
Science Graduate : (Chemistry, Physics)
- Must possess Basic computer literacy.
- Spoken and Written English basic proficiency.
- Good Inter Personal skills
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Male : Minimum Height 162 cms & Height 58 Kgs
- Female : Minimum Height 155 cms & weight 53kgs
- At least 2~4 year work experience in manufacturing setup
- Working in qualified workforce set up will be added advantage
- Exposure to TPM / Six Sigma practices will be added advantage
Shift working experience