Job Band: 6A
Hiring Manager: Mike Kovaleski
HR Rep: Cyndi Kaczmarczyk
Location: United States : Ohio: Medina Asphalt Plant
The Production Supervisor is primarily responsible and accountable for employee relations and development, quality, maintenance, safety, productivity, environmental compliance, cost reduction and team engagement. The position is directly responsible for the supervision of production, and production contract employees while creating and supporting total quality, total safety, and a total productive maintenance and reliability culture.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise all primary operations employees, including hiring, coaching, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Manage career development of primary employees.
- Work with operations, maintenance and contractors in order to strictly adhere to company loss prevention and tank cleaning standards
- Work with plant operations/packaging teams, customers and truck drivers to ensure timely loading of the proper product, with the correct specification on every load.
- Manage and supervise plant asphalt production process and packaging operation.
- Monitor daily, weekly, and monthly inventory levels, to include raw materials, spare parts, packaging components and finished product.
- Complete transactions in SAP and SAP-PM to include but not limited to: requisitions, notifications, material movements, and production orders.
- Manage plant attendance policy, monitor overtime and team schedules
- Recommend and deliver corrective actions when non-compliance to safety, quality, maintenance, or production standards is not followed.
- Monitor environmental and safety requirements and ensure plant is meeting permits and standards.
- Work with the energy team to increase productivity by reducing energy use.
- Takes appropriate corrective action and works with employees to investigate/resolve quality, reliability and process related issues.
- Plan maintenance and operations tasks for staff.
- Maintains essential maintenance records and files from which he/she generates accurate and meaningful management reports.
- Develop and maintain a strong safety culture with effective, efficient safety processes.
- Ensure high-level of housekeeping in all operations areas
- Ensure the lab is properly stocked and all lab equipment is incompliance and operational.
- Perform behavior and condition based safety audits
- Monitor the facility and processes for adherence to OSHA regulations, Trumbull Loss Prevention Standards, and Corporate guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with the Oil Pollution Act of 1990 (OPA-90) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Use Lean/Kaizen tools to drive improved productivity and plant performance
- Insure that contractors adhere to safety, environmental, and standard operating procedures.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Progressive Leadership experience in a manufacturing facility or environment.
- Undergraduate degree in business or engineering preferred
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills (SAP, Word, Excel, etc)
- Knowledge of all safe work procedures
- Self-starter, motivated and goal oriented. Able to demonstrate good leadership skills.
- Ability in leading, assessing, and developing talent to deliver results
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to lead in high stress situations
- Ability to be on call 24/7
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Navigate Kronos to manage schedules
- Good computer skills including Allen Bradley panel views
- Good Microsoft Office skills – PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Word
- Experience with and working knowledge of SAP.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- Operations Knowledge in all the following areas (not all inclusive): Boilers, Incinerator, Preheaters, Hot Oil system, Tank Burners, Truck Loading/Unloading, Railcar Unloading, and Computer Control Operations.
Each employee is expected to support the overall safety goals of the facility: To protect and enhance the environment, health and safety of our employees, contractors, suppliers, neighbors and customers by engaging all employees in the EH&S process. The incumbent is responsible for:
- Operating under the premise that “Our Commitment to Safety is Unconditional”.
- Participating in work area self-inspections and accident investigations.
- Recommending corrective actions to make the workplace safer.
- Promoting the following:
- Safety training and awareness by taking an active part in identifying safety education needs.
- Health and safety during meetings, at work stations and in our daily lives.
- Safe workplaces
- Setting a positive example for others.
- Reporting all accidents and near misses.
- Setting a consistent example of completing all safety tasks and training on time.
- Complying with all safe work rules without exception.
Refusing to operate any defective, questionable, or homemade equipment / tools